Toribash
Original Post
Texture locking on joints
Have you ever had a really nice set or seen one ingame that you thought looked really cool until the tori wearing those textures started moving. Well that’s exactly what texture locking will aesthetically fix. Now instead of putting countless hours into mapping out the textures of certain joints like the pecs chest hips glutes or knees you can now lock the textures to their starting position on the tori. This prevents the textures from being rotated along with the joints so you can easily maintain the aesthetic of your set.

Although it’s just an aesthetic change I think a lot of players would really love to see this come to the actual game itself and we will see a lot of people start making sets again as it won’t be so mentally straining to think of how everything will move together without looking ugly.

Not only that but i think we should have the option to toggle what joints are texture locked and aren’t for maximum creativity.
Originally Posted by Bison View Post
Nice idea, but what about the limbs?

Connections highlighted in green are already locked.
Texture transitions in these areas don't change during rotation.

Connections highlighted in red are not locked.
But what to do now?
You can swap this order but it doesn't change anything.
And It's impossible to make everything stay in place at the same time.
These body parts must rotate.
And when they rotate, their alignment with each other changes.
The arrangement of textures therefore also changes.

I have another idea on how to solve this problem, but it would probably be difficult to implement in the game..
Stretching and shrinking of textures.
Let me visualize this.

top view of the elbow joint.
Red dots mark the connection points of the joint with bodyparts.
They also divide the texture into two halves.
When you bend Tori's elbow, the red half shrinks and the blue half stretches.

this isn't actually how it needs to work, since joints are spheres, they have to rotate with the limbs, but they don't visually need to actually rotate
Originally Posted by jsph View Post
this isn't actually how it needs to work, since joints are spheres, they have to rotate with the limbs, but they don't visually need to actually rotate

I wrote that connections marked in green are already locked.
For example the knee joints don't rotate visually relative to the calves.
But they rotate visually relative to the thighs .
You can load textures and check in game.
Last edited by Bison; 1 Week Ago at 01:50 AM.
hurh hurh hurh *chews grass*
please. i really need this, my set kinda falls apart if im not t-posing 24/7 would be really sick if they didnt move, waaait holy shit if yall can allow a way for textures to be screen-space mapped too...... i genuinely think that would be a great thing for the art community, and i guess the modes could go like: classic(locked/unlocked), full- screen space(locked/unlocked), i think this way would open the floodgates on the toribash art scene, itd be so cooooool pleaaaaaase
-----

i noticed that layout is also how the dm layout kinda looks in my head, interesting....
Last edited by Kirito; 1 Week Ago at 03:29 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.

once again i'm specifying that they don't *need* to