Toribash
So I don't really care to read these other walls of text so I may accidentally recite previously stated things. In my personal opinion, the rule is and always has been a useless, inconvenience from the start, and I'd like to add that this situation was probably predicted in one of the original backlash posts from when this rule was first put in place. Don't get me wrong though, scam preventative rules should definitely be put in place, and on paper, this seemed like a good route but I need all of staff to be very honest when they say this rule is flawless. Between the constant closing of threads to the time it takes to then reopen the thread, there are flaws all along the way.

Starting with inconvenience, it's useless time consumption for both sellers and staff despite it being a responsibility. For players it's; create a thread, wait for approval, have it closed, repeat. While in text this doesn't seem too unreasonable, much like the rule itself, but in reality, the first two steps could take a full 24 hours or more and I know this from experience and it's extremely upsetting when you try to abide by the rules and your wallet has to be affected by it especially with someone such as Diamond who can do 16mil+ in sales a month. For the buyer they may need the TC ASAP, bidding in an auction, outbidding on an item, or just personal leisure and that's also very annoying. I've sold TC and tried to get the thread approved as soon as possible by contacting staff directly through Discord and have received responses with evidence of annoyance which leads me to believe it's an annoying inconvenience for MS as well. If I really wanted to nit-pick I'm sure I could come up with a few more ways this is just inconvenient but I believe this has done justice.

Next, is it really preventing scams? Before this, if a player scammed another player, said scammed player would make a report and the scammer would then be banned. New rule in place, what's different? If someone really intends to scam another player they've already accepted they will face repercussions and will follow through with it. With the rule in place are people just going to stop scamming? No. A scammer will scam while completely aware they will be banned, so now that we have a rule that overcomplicates the fact they will face repercussions literally nothing will change.

So now we have a rule that has done nothing other than getting trustworthy, community-driven, Toribash icons banned for simply not wanting to deal with an unnecessary inconvenience. They applied to become verified sellers. They sold tc. Nobody was scammed. What's the big deal then? Lack of documentation of the transaction? If a player wishes to purchase TC through means outside the TC selling board they should be more than aware they will need to present proof if scammed, this is just common sense. Take a screenshot of the conversation and that's that. Yes, I know this rule was set in place as a way to prevent scams but all it has done was create more steps and obstacles instead of just simply screenshotting a conversation.

A fix I believe would to just simply have a verified sellers list, if an unverified player sells or attempts to sell TC then they will be banned. Simple as that, where the transaction takes place should make no difference especially considering the potential loopholes. "Oh, this guy randomly transferred 1,000,000TC to someone else let's ban him for selling TC." guy post in ban appeals "Oh it was a loan/duel I lost.", now what? The only proof of a sale visible to staff is the transaction history of a player, if noticed and called out for it there are so many easily accepted responses it's just redundant. It was a good idea but when a member of the community such as Diamond gets banned you really need to stop and quit being so stuck to your guns and think about what's really wrong and listen to the community.
-----
Okay, so I was bothered enough to read previous walls of text and my goodness as an ex-shitty staff member myself, I'm impressed. Creati0n, Krong, and Pouffy I wholeheartedly want you to take a moment to reread your responses, especially Pouffy. I know none of you intend to come off as an elitist dickhead but from what I've read that appears to be what you've done. With that being said the forum is for the game. It doesn't matter that the majority of you don't play the game, the forum exists for the game so that argument was just retarded for a lack of better words. The convenience of selling TC in-game does get taken into account, it's what the TC is fucking for, you get TC for items for the god damn game. The fact we are trying so desperately to be overly forum based is so stupid, fuck it lets just get rid of the dead game and let's just be a forum, like what the actual fuck. So now that we've realized that all of this is literally revolving around the game let's stop and think about the rules and responses for a moment. "It doesn't matter that selling in-game was more convenient" No it really really does, the fact that actual players of the game have to feel like lesser beings is actually insane, your status and position only exist because of the game, the TC itself is meant for the game, so this whole little "fuck the game itself" mentality we seem to be endorsing really needs to get reworked. For those of us who spend more time in-game than on the forums, this really does matter and we shouldn't be inconvenienced because we still actually play the game.

Now onto just poor moderation. The smartass, low-level responses really need to get the fuck on somewhere. You wonder why the games dead? This along with the previously mentioned push for centering everything around the forum. Now I've gotten the chance to know you all fairly well and I know the three of you do have a drive to better the community and game itself, it's why you are where you are but I believe you displayed that extremely poorly here. Annoying or not, Diamonds status or not, a player should not be belittled for pointing out flaws in rules/staff. Repeating yourself instead of attempting to understand a situation more is not a valid response. You owe it to the community to ensure the best for them, creating a rule and not allowing any criticism nor debate for repercussions is not justified. It's just lazy to be like this as well and with the current state of Toribash I truly doubt you guys are just all far too busy to show empathy to situations and actually try to resolve disputes in a respectable manner. As someone who truly wants to see Toribash bounce back, especially as we head into Toribash Next, this behavior should not be acceptable, when happens when TBN is homescreens Steam and an influx of new members join with complaints? Do we try to listen to said members or greet them with a "find someone else to bitch too"? I hope to see responses to both my post and I'll try to keep up with this thread from here on.
Last edited by Natejas; Mar 12, 2019 at 06:24 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli