Toribash
Original Post
who here likes psychology
"A joke is a form of a well disguised thought or emotion which may be subconscious or deliberate coated in a manner with wit and comic substance. The truth lies in the fact that it initially was a thought or an emotion of a person which is true or a fact." - romsha pandey (masters in psychology))

"Making a joke about a serious topic releases the tension and makes us feel more comfortable." phil stark (licensed therapist, creator of dude wheres my car?)

"Jokes requires us to entertain the presupposition as if it were true, to kinda-sorta endorse it. Unless the context is one that explicitly cancels that endorsement for both the joke teller and the audience, the endorsement extends beyond the joking frame. The joke serves, in some contexts, to reinforce the communally held beliefs it presupposes and, in others, to challenge those very beliefs."jennifer marra henrigillis and steven gimbel - 3.2: Joking as Truth-Telling

Hi,

I've checked in with Aliosa and I am confident that he acknowledges that this is in incredibly poor taste and that jokes of this nature won't happen again (and to my knowledge haven't since).

But a horrible joke made 4 years ago by a 15 year old in a private server does not warrant further action, especially since this has come up before and was appropriately addressed in staff channels at the time.

If you have any further additions to make feel free to do so but currently I don't see anything to action beyond my talk with Aliosa.

do you genuinely, and honestly think that having a singular conversation leads to the correct resolution in this particular situation?

are you not at all concerned that you could have a staff member on the team who as a younger teenager could have committed or thought about comitting vile disgusting acts on younger individuals because of their exposure to this awful disgusting media that they were clearly and obviously aware of to the extend to where they found it (even in a 15 year olds head) acceptable to joke about?

do you just want to remain ignorant to your "peers" misdeeds because it doesn't affect you?

does this not raise even a single little hair of concern for you at all in the slightest?

if not that says more about you than it says about aliosa in my honest opinion.