Toribash
Original Post
Proofread this, please. =)
Ok, so I've to write an essay on a debate our school is facing. The school board wants to change the schedule of highschoolers. So, I decided to write about it.

Proofread for correct usage/mechanics, ect. Not retardism.
I would love your grammar-nazi abilities.
Other than indentation. Its a given.

Any constructive posts will be greatly appreciated. I'd love some help on how I could make my writing flow a bit better.

Over the years, highschoolers have become accustomed to a four-block school day. This includes four classes a day and a lunch period. The
required courses are split into semesters. Students take half of their courses the first semester, and the other half in the second. Some schoolboard members are proposing that students take all four classes every day throughout the school year. This change in policy would be a step backwards from the positive state it's currently in.

Four-block scheduling is the current standard for a reason. The dividing of classes into semesters yeilds many benefits. Students are given
more class time daily to complete assignments, and recieve instruction. Students also avoid cramming for various tests, due to the small
amount of classes taken at once. The schedule also allows the students more focus on induvidual subjects.

Some claim that students forget the material taught in previous semesters. This problem is avoided readily with pre-test review of the
course. The number of outstanding graduates, and test scores devalidate this claim. Others claim that the class periods are too lengthy,
and most students lose focus over time during the class. With a 7 period day, students would be less focused generally, due to the more
diverse subject matter. The benefits simply outweigh the risks.

Other arguments exist, but they aren't worth mentioning. Our schedule is fine as it is, and shouldn't be ammended. Attempimg change would be a mistake, and would be a regret of the school board. The majority of teachers and students don't like the idea. Don' fix what isn't broken.

Any constructive posts will be greatly appreciated. I'd love some help on how I could make my writing flow a bit better.

And please don't post your tl;dr's.
Last edited by jxc1013; May 16, 2010 at 05:25 AM.
Thanks.