Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
A lot of you are close with the whole depressed simple human functions being our purpose fandango but it is an unreasonable viewpoint.

saying this not in a derogatory fashion, but out of curiosity -

why open a thread correlated to the contemplation of our own existence if not to expect a heap of melancholy?

you even went as far as to say that "simple human functions" is an unreasonable viewpoint. is that not partly the definition of philosophy?

if philosophy is the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence. then that is a viewpoint, by all means.

Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
What do you think is our purpose (in philosophical or moral terms)?

I understand your compassion for moral purpose, but if you didn't want a philosophical break-down then you shouldn't have inquired, otherwise, people will predominantly assume that is what you want.

there is no reason to be disgruntled by what is inevitably going to happen.
you requested philosophy, and you got it.
that's like ordering a pizza and whenever it arrives, you tell the delivery man to leave because because he is immoral.

it also doesn't mean that we're all depressed & depraved people who just do whatever it takes to get by, we were just under the impression that you were seeking a philosophical point of reference. and to be entirely honest, i'm unsure of what you are trying to convey with this whole "moral purpose" spiel. elaborate a little more next time I guess.
Last edited by null; Jan 28, 2015 at 09:29 AM.