Toribash
Ok so that announcement kind of comes at the right moment, well maybe a bit early ^^

I'm making a "new" batch of 3 striking mods aiming to be played competitively :
Striking_LG (light gravity)
Striking_MG (medium gravity)
Striking_HG (heavy gravity)

They will be largely inspired by lenshu3ng/Rk-mma/Wushu_2015 but they won't be new versions of those mods -even if they're really close- in order to be free from the "but it's not what xxxxx.tbm is like", because yes, they're not those mods.
They will all share the exact same point distribution system so players aren't lost when they switch inbetween different striking mods, the differences will be gravity/turnframe/dojo size/dq timeout, they'll also have long matchframe to give the players enough time to express their talent.

The idea is to give more consistency inbetween the different striking mods, and gathering them under the same "banner" to have more weight against the over-played grab mods.

I won't give them their final names for the moment, I'll be waiting until we have a "first to X points wins" system to finalize them with "damage to score" and a precise amount of points to reach, but in the meantime they're still a better alternative to the current striking mods imo.

Keep in mind that those mods are aiming to replace lenshu3ng, rk-mma and wushu in competition, not in public servers, the long matchframes might be a pain in the ass for public queue.

Edit : As for boxshu_mushu.tbm being in the competitive mod list, as far as I enjoy the mod, it can't be. Just the instagib feet makes it a no-no, players don't even have to try to hit, they can just put their feet in front of them and flail wildely, which makes the skillcap pretty low on the attack and render the defense pretty much useless as you'll lose whatever part you blocked with and dq.

Edit 2 : uploaded a pic to briefly explain the point system the mods share, you can check it here. The idea is to have the body like a shooting practice target, the closer from the center/core you hit, the more points you score, with head/neck and groin being the most sensible parts. [It's pretty close from wushu_2015 for those who played it, except the forearms and shins are now balanced and share the same value not to favorise one over the other]
Attached Files
Striking_HG_beta1.tbm (4.0 KB, 6 views)
Striking_MG_beta1.tbm (4.0 KB, 6 views)
Striking_LG_beta1.tbm (4.5 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by deprav; Jul 20, 2015 at 06:25 PM.