Toribash
View Poll Results: Should they take away the new Clan Rule about multi-clans?
Yes
8 Votes / 14.81%
Yes, the rule is shit
25 Votes / 46.30%
No, keep the rule
21 Votes / 38.89%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by sir View Post
Some of my personal thoughts, not anyhow related to CS decisions:

Is there any good reason to have a sidekick clan apart from trying to evade the clan system limitations? Well sure, you can recruit new players more recklessly - simply because they don't wear your clan's main tag and you can always appeal to the fact that it's just a feeder clan in case they turn out to be idiots. I remember 2010's Russian clans doing that, but back then there wasn't a proper clan system yet and it was mainly done by "bigger" clans like Hack.
However, recruiting members just for the sake of getting more people doesn't seem like a good idea to me, especially for a clan that's been around for years now. Can you still get more people without the feeder clan? Sure. Yes, you'll need to take a closer look at your applicants first, but there is nothing extraordinary about it. We've raised the member cap for all clans who are at least slightly active (getting past level 10 isn't that hard, see [AS]), so it's less of an issue than it could be few months ago before the clan system update.
Having feeder clans officially allowed also poses a threat to any other legitimate unofficial clan as players may just join a child clan of an already official one rather than risk their time and TC trying to become official on their own.

To me this whole situation looks like Parrot (being one of the oldest active clans with 50% staff or ex-staff members) thought they could do anything just because they are who they are, but it turned out they can't. You still had at least 10 free spots in your clan after the clan update, go play some wars if you need more. Like seriously, you only have 66 wars and the clan has been around since the clans system was introduced. All Stars had more wars this week than you had in the last 2 years, like are you being serious? There are 9 clans founded in 2017 who were more active than Parrot, what makes your clan more special than them? (Quick tip: winning a clan event does, but not in that sense)

As far as myself, I don't see us as "special" in any means except for the fact that we are special in the case of that we are a fairly active community in a "dying game" based off of the recent amount of people playing, market activity, etc and any clan that is fairly active at the moment is special for that.

I myself don't consider any of us an elitist, but meh I'm pretty mellow and stuff lol. From what I know, we are wanting to extend our community and give more people a chance to get to know us and meet new people and make friends. That's what life is about in my opinion is to do just that, even if it may be just online.

As far as farming wars, that's a little silly. Yes, it's abusable but let's be honest. There are a lot of things still abusable to this day within Toribash itself that aren't dealt with. Even so, if it was abused it wouldn't be hard to just "delete" our progress and give us a punishment for doing so. You guys do pretty much the same thing to people who farm TC, and ranks so what's the difference with a clan?

I'm not really going to argue that much about all of it but the main reason people are "pissed" about this is that Rai did agree that we could do it, and once we posted it they shut it down.

Now it would be nice if instead of just shutting everything down and giving us the, "it's not what we thought it was going to be" speech, to work with us into molding what we created into something that would acceptable.
That's pretty much all I have to say on the topic about this whole ordeal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation