Toribash
Original Post
[Art]Free desktop backgrounds.
I'm bored as hell so I'm making lots of desktops.

Made so far:

Open me

Other random ones

Yeah I'm just gonna update this as I make them.

Remember the tag next time, please.
Added it for you this time, free art is still art.

And to everyone else, keep it clean, no useless posts. Read the Art rules, please.
~Fenris

Oh sorry, wont happen again :3 I thought the title would be a big enough give away to what people would see.
Last edited by Goughy; Dec 29, 2013 at 07:50 PM.

THE WORM LIVES!
LegGang
I really do like these. But are they supposed to look.... I guess, misty? It seems like the white tones are kinda murky
DEMINI IS LIVE
C4D I reckon.
I like it.
To be honest, I expected something horrible when I clicked this thread but I'm happily surprised.

For your abstract spikey stuff, try more dramatic lighting.
It will truly spice up your work.

The black on the first one seems a bit out of place, softer lighting would work better.

Second one is pretty decent although some might say a bit boring.
You could try different camera angles for a more interesting composition.

The third is your average "I've got C4D so let's fuck with textures and spheres" kinda thing.
Nothing special nor interesting.

The fourth is where you went a different path and tried realism.
I'm a big fan of abstract and I think you should venture down that path some more.
It's obvious that either your computer or your skills can't pull realism off just yet.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Why are people still posting in this thread?! I forgot about it the day after I made it :s

Originally Posted by pal View Post
this is truly suspicious
http://imgur.com/gallery/Lnr3l

what software did you use?

Cinema 4d and check the user name congrats you found my imgur account.
Originally Posted by 1Blazing1 View Post
i've seen some of these before..

Yes the last who were random ones I felt like I haven't shared before but 1 was in my old thread http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423389 I haven't had much time do go on it so it just died
Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
C4D I reckon.
I like it.
To be honest, I expected something horrible when I clicked this thread but I'm happily surprised.

For your abstract spikey stuff, try more dramatic lighting.
It will truly spice up your work.

The black on the first one seems a bit out of place, softer lighting would work better.

Second one is pretty decent although some might say a bit boring.
You could try different camera angles for a more interesting composition.

The third is your average "I've got C4D so let's fuck with textures and spheres" kinda thing.
Nothing special nor interesting.

The fourth is where you went a different path and tried realism.
I'm a big fan of abstract and I think you should venture down that path some more.
It's obvious that either your computer or your skills can't pull realism off just yet.

Thanks for the advice I'll keep it in mind if I get a chance to get back into cinema 4d but I rarely have the time to take a couple days doing something on cinema 4d like this with college and work keeping me busy
Last edited by Goughy; Jan 27, 2014 at 09:02 PM.

THE WORM LIVES!
LegGang