Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Introduce a genre with five +1 albums.
Well, Toribash, it's time to knock it up a notch.

BAM

Post in this thread a series of five + 1 albums (and the order in which to listen to them) that you would use to introduce someone to a genre. The +1 is a "special addition" you'd add for those who enjoy the five.

Post a video of track one of the first album as an exposure. Feel free to comment on a genre you are unfamiliar with or, if you consider yourself an expert, critique the other persons selection of albums.

I'll start with Goa (basically psytrance with an indian influence and hippies).

1. Pleiadians - IFO. In my opinion a contender for best goa album.
2. Hallucinogen - Twisted. Hailed by a large number of people as the definitive goa album.
3. Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom. This album is for a bit of a breather, it's really easy to get into given that its sort of a goa/psy hybrid with some tracks like "None of this is Real" being examples of buttrock goa. One of my favourite albums of all time.
4. Infected Mushroom - The Gathering. We're entering more a traditional goa/buttrock goa type of thing here.
5. Man with no Name - Teleport. We have arrived.

+1. Etnica - The Juggeling Alchemists Under the Black Light. Another contender for the best goa album (incidentally from the same guys as #1). It's a bit of an exception rather than the rule, though.

Keep the flaming to a minimum and one genre per post and no double posting.

The next genre I introduce you to will be psybient.