Toribash
If you have been in work life, you understand that its hard to teach something like how it is to have a basic job. You might think teaching "business" is important, but that "business" stuff you are talking about is rarely what people actually do in their jobs. Only money matters that should be thought to kids is maybe money management and taxes depending on your country.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
If you have been in work life, you understand that its hard to teach something like how it is to have a basic job. You might think teaching "business" is important, but that "business" stuff you are talking about is rarely what people actually do in their jobs. Only money matters that should be thought to kids is maybe money management and taxes depending on your country.

Then at the very least teach that! I agree!
But your saying it's complicated to teach bussiness I understand because it's a broad subject. But it can still be done.
Curious aren't you.
Our school teaches business, but its a soft subject that noone takes, anyone whos good at maths sails through it, if youre good at maths you can manage your money

Also managing your money =/= business, business is selling goods or services to make money. Very few people use business (are entrepreneurs) as a day job so I would maintain that maths is more important

also i would not call the sciences random, a very large proportion of university graduates do science based courses and therefore will use at least one of the sciences at uni and probably also in their day job
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
Listen mate, I'm in honors I do my work and I'm great at it. I don't give two shits about how dedicated my teachers are about teaching me how sperm exits my dick. You're saying I can open a book on how to deal with taxes and things like that, well I have. I've spoken to my father about it and read books on things like that. I read the books in my free time when I didn't have to study how many chemical bonds can be formed with a dodecagon. I mean what kind of dumbshit are you saying? I don't care how easy school is, the subjects are practically pointless. Yes I can go out during my free time and learn about the things I complain others don't teach me, but it doesn't take a bright eye to see that if we learnt how to make money and "adult" things like that, we would be better off.
When I start doing bussiness, real estate for example, people that I work with won't give a flying fuck that I know the history of the Romans, or that I can tell them the probability of gaining certain genes. It's a waste of time.

So you are just complaining for the sake of complaining lol... It's a bit cliche for a kid to complain that 'school sux I don't care about history/physics/maths', I did like the "but I want to learn about tax even though I already know about it" part though.

If you want your whole life to be geared towards a career in real estate, and having your life dictated by what other people care about, then go for it. You won't be a very interesting/intelligent/well rounded adult, but no one's going to stop you. Drop out of school and start working then.

FYI, no one cares about anything you know or don't know either way. If you are too thick to consider improving yourself and learning about the world around you to be a worthy cause, then as I said above, no one's going to stop you.

Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Yup, the science of reproduction sure is a waste of time and will never become relevant to [apple]. Absolutely.

let's hope so lol.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
So you are just complaining for the sake of complaining lol... It's a bit cliche for a kid to complain that 'school sux I don't care about history/physics/maths', I did like the "but I want to learn about tax even though I already know about it" part though.

If you want your whole life to be geared towards a career in real estate, and having your life dictated by what other people care about, then go for it. You won't be a very interesting/intelligent/well rounded adult, but no one's going to stop you. Drop out of school and start working then.

FYI, no one cares about anything you know or don't know either way. If you are too thick to consider improving yourself and learning about the world around you to be a worthy cause, then as I said above, no one's going to stop you.

let's hope so lol.

I'm not saying I want to learn what I already know, because surprise surprise I don't know everything about the broad spectrum of bussiness. I'm not just saying I personally what it to be taught to me, I think it should be taught to everyone. If someone in school wants to know math history or other things that is mandatory in school know, make it an elective.

Quoting you here.
I did like the "but I want to learn about tax even though I already know about it" part though.

You think im complaining about how I want it taught just to me and fuck everyone else. I think it's more important for everyone. Also you think I know everything there is to know about it? I didn't just refer to taxes I'm implying bussiness. I'm pretty sure I made that clear but I'm beginning to understand why you can't pick up on that. You're nit picking part of what I said and blowing it out of proportion. I'm just mad because that quote up there is beyond idiotic, and it was just made for you to insult me. You obviously know I didn't know everything there is to know about taxes. So you are saying that because you read about taxes, and have done some personal research and know a thing or two you STILL WANT TEACHERS TO TEACH IT TO YOU!?!? That would mean that by that logic every kid who knows a thing or two about math, chemistry, history, biology, physics shouldn't bother learning it because they already know a little of it. I'm not saying I don't need to learn those subjects because I know about them, I'm sayin there are a lot more important things to learn.
Curious aren't you.
1. If you want to know about businesses then google it...

2. School is not job training and never will be.

3. If you said something that is beyond idiotic then I don't really think I'm to blame lol.

4. FYI you aren't the only person in the world who can use google, if your classmates want to know they can do it too... You aren't some special snowflake with the god given power to google lol...
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Jul 17, 2015 at 02:46 AM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by CAMMYTHESPEEDSCOOTER View Post
Did apple really just say make math an elective...fucking kek. That one statement just made me stop reading everything else he had to say.

This is a debate. Not a fucking flame war. Don't say something if you have nothing intelligent to say.

Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
I'm not saying I want to learn what I already know, because surprise surprise I don't know everything about the broad spectrum of bussiness. I'm not just saying I personally what it to be taught to me, I think it should be taught to everyone. If someone in school wants to know math history or other things that is mandatory in school know, make it an elective.

Students should not be given that much flexibility. Just because they don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't be mandatory. Math is something that needs to be taught, the same thing goes for history. These are things that the student needs to learn, regardless of whether or not they want to learn it. Placing these classes under elective would be counter-productive.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
2. School is not job training and never will be.

I have to agree and disagree. While it's not the schools responsibility to teach you how to work at mega-corporation for minimum wage, it should be their responsibility to teach you how to find a job, and how to manage your finances once you have acquired said job.
Also. Google may be a resource to find near all answers to your problems, but it's not something that should replace school. Ever.
Last edited by Valterain1; Jul 17, 2015 at 04:11 AM.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by CAMMYTHESPEEDSCOOTER View Post
Did apple really just say make math an elective...fucking kek. That one statement just made me stop reading everything else he had to say.

I never said "math should be an elective" most basic math needs to be taught. But once you begin to delve into trigonometry and more complex versions of math, it no longer becomes an essential thing to know. Therefore, for those who still want to continue to learn it, it can be an elective.
But I'm not going to continue to argue, you're flat out throwing insults out of nowhere. I may have called someone idiotic but he misquoted, and based a whole post on a false quote from me.
-----
He may have not even tried to quote me, but was definitely blowing something I said way out of proportion and interpreting it in a way that I did not mean it.
Last edited by apple123; Jul 17, 2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Curious aren't you.
The way I see it, people should have ample motivation to learn how to job search and manage finance because it literally gives them more money for doing it. Therefore I think school teaching this stuff would sorta be a waste of time. Maths on the other hand is less obvious in terms of its use unless you want to do maths, science or engineering at Uni so people struggle to motivate themselves to learn it by themselves. This subsequently means that school is needed to help them learn it because very few people are willing to self teach themselves maths.
Good morning sweet princess