Toribash
It's also the fact that Korea has more actual competitive games played compared to other scenes. They follow a best of 5 format of 4 draft pick, 1 blind pick, so each game played against each other is a clusterfuck of strats and teamfights out the ass. Seriously, watch a NA game or a EU game, there's like no action until a massive teamfight breaks out, if you're lucky. Korea, you either see a metric fuckton of smaller skirmishes, or the most holyshitwtfisgoingon teamfights.

Seriously, go to OGN's youtube channel and look at their top6 series thing. They have about 5 episodes right now, plus another one showcasing plays from some of the newer Korean teams. The individual skill, combined with their teamfighting capabilities, is dazzling.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Not only that but even the server is much more competitive. Bischu who was a US complexity sub moved to korea and said that their plat 1 is like NA challenger.
Last edited by sham; Aug 22, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
inq.
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
It's also the fact that Korea has more actual competitive games played compared to other scenes. They follow a best of 5 format of 4 draft pick, 1 blind pick, so each game played against each other is a clusterfuck of strats and teamfights out the ass. Seriously, watch a NA game or a EU game, there's like no action until a massive teamfight breaks out, if you're lucky. Korea, you either see a metric fuckton of smaller skirmishes, or the most holyshitwtfisgoingon teamfights.

Seriously, go to OGN's youtube channel and look at their top6 series thing. They have about 5 episodes right now, plus another one showcasing plays from some of the newer Korean teams. The individual skill, combined with their teamfighting capabilities, is dazzling.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TVOngamenet

Their amateur scene is also incredible, the NLB in particular. They constantly produce more players and more teams. A UNIVERSITY team played in the OGN this summer (Chunnam Techno University), and went 1-1 with both Blaze and Najin Sword. They were the reason Najin Sword didn't even make it through the group stages.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
While Korea is definitely one of if not the best region at LoL, the "Bronze 5 KR = Challenger NA" circlejerk is really annoying.
Hey got canned heat in my heels tonight baby
You know know know I'm gonna dance yeah
That moment when you go 44/3 as lucian in your second game.....................
Alive and Kicking again, [SECRET], former artist, I lose all my matches.
Originally Posted by NoCheerios View Post
While Korea is definitely one of if not the best region at LoL, the "Bronze 5 KR = Challenger NA" circlejerk is really annoying.

Yeah I actually believe that NA has a decent chance to place 2nd/3rd in worlds with either Vulcun or C9. They've adopted korean strats and look really strong by focusing on objectives. Call me crazy about the NA thing, but last year TPA wasn't expected to get close and they ended up winning. Plus NA has gotten ALOT better since the beginning of spring split, and I think they have got to be better than the international (brazil, oce, etc.), SEA, and EU scenes
inq.
Originally Posted by sham View Post
Yeah I actually believe that NA has a decent chance to place 2nd/3rd in worlds with either Vulcun or C9. They've adopted korean strats and look really strong by focusing on objectives. Call me crazy about the NA thing, but last year TPA wasn't expected to get close and they ended up winning. Plus NA has gotten ALOT better since the beginning of spring split, and I think they have got to be better than the international (brazil, oce, etc.), SEA, and EU scenes

C9 maybe. Vulcun isn't even in the same league. Vulcun needs to become a team before they can aspire.
Hoss.
Wait wot.

Vulcun went 2-2 in the season against C9 and shouldve gone 3-1 but threw a game from an 11k gold lead.

They're definitely close behind, they won around 8-10 of their last games in the regular season. What are you talking about becoming a team? Going 20-8 in the regular season and beating the top team twice, almost thrice. I seriously don't get what you're talking about. They had a rough start at the beginning of the season but boy have they heated up. Mancloud is even considered to be the best NA mid player.
inq.
C9 are definitely the best representatives that NA has had for at least 2 years. It's very difficult to accurately place them when we haven't seen them in international competition. Having said that, I don't think they have a hope in hell against SKT1, OMG or Ozone. I would place them on the same level as Gambit, which is more or less the highest praise you could have coming from a soppy Gambit fan. If they have a great tournament they might cause a few upsets, but otherwise expect a disappointing Quarterfinal exit. Lemondogs are a good wildcard for the event too.

SKT1 vs Ozone in 45 minutes! aaaaAAAAAAHLKABDVHJB
http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
C9 are definitely the best representatives that NA has had for at least 2 years. It's very difficult to accurately place them when we haven't seen them in international competition. Having said that, I don't think they have a hope in hell against SKT1, OMG or Ozone. I would place them on the same level as Gambit, which is more or less the highest praise you could have coming from a soppy Gambit fan. If they have a great tournament they might cause a few upsets, but otherwise expect a disappointing Quarterfinal exit. Lemondogs are a good wildcard for the event too.

SKT1 vs Ozone in 45 minutes! aaaaAAAAAAHLKABDVHJB
http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

Lemondogs have really a great potential they have a really nice synergy and good players. i hope kor team will destroy each others and allowed a EU or NA team to grab the semifinal.
the thing that make me laugh alot is that tabz,their ad carry is probably the best fizz in the world XD
Last edited by LaSer38; Aug 23, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
French Froggy
[OFRO]