Ranking
If you have a tear, you wouldn't need anything else, my point still stands, your mana pool won't be drained completely throughout the fight.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Originally Posted by SparChar View Post
Rethink that for a second. He has an aoe that drains mana like... I dunno, but you get the point. I still kind of need it late game.

Tear karthus has like 2000+ mana, and it drains like 100 a second rounded up. That's 20 seconds of aoe without casting other spells, closer to 10 with q spam and e usage, assuming no mana regen occurs. The odds a teamfight lasts 10 seconds with a max stack tear karthus standing in the middle of it is pretty slim. And it's not like you need a large mana pool at the end of a teamfight, cause Karthus should either be dead and/or cleaning up the remains with his r.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Tear karthus has like 2000+ mana, and it drains like 100 a second rounded up. That's 20 seconds of aoe without casting other spells, closer to 10 with q spam and e usage, assuming no mana regen occurs. The odds a teamfight lasts 10 seconds with a max stack tear karthus standing in the middle of it is pretty slim. And it's not like you need a large mana pool at the end of a teamfight, cause Karthus should either be dead and/or cleaning up the remains with his r.

when you die you could
Revive and tp....
oh wai...
too soon ;'(
Karthus cannot move, basic attack, or use summoner spells during Death Defied's duration
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Karthus cannot move, basic attack, or use summoner spells during Death Defied's duration

Im talking after it
Originally Posted by EJM View Post
If you have a tear, you wouldn't need anything else, my point still stands, your mana pool won't be drained completely throughout the fight.

AP is still pretty usefull tho. You need it for Requiem. And I actually need to be in the team fights and last long enough so that I can do a little bit of the cleaning up after my passive or lower their health a bit. I can then use my ult then ace .-.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
AP on karthus is a must yeah, but there are plenty of AP + Mana items.
Therefore you can do both. Have around 2500 mana with over 600 AP is pretty good IMO
So is it almost mandatory when starting out to only stick to 1 Champion for Runes purposes n such?

I've been playing on and off a bit now for however long, just made it to like level 12. For the most part it seems to be a matter of the people around me haven't a clue about how to play a MOBA; however, I haven't a clue about the idiosyncrasies of each champion / item build so I can't make the best decisions either. Regardless: I only have ever fiddled with masteries and summoner spells, I haven't purchased anything else outside of permanent to a few champions.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Hax, honestly, early levels I wouldn't worry to much about runes until you're maybe 20ish.
But even then, I'd just stick to getting some MR/Armor runes because you can use those on any champion for runes. Then just start getting some of this and that for other ones, like a little AD or AP.
Hax, runes aren't worth it unless you can get tier 3 ones.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays