Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Catholic and I go to church a lot because my family is so religious and it's the kind of thing you inherit (or at least I do).
HINDU I AM A HINDU I AM ALSO A JAIN SO IF U MIND PLZ PUT ME IN HINDU NOT IN JAIN AS THERE R LESS JAINS IN TORIBASH
Last edited by Habeeb; Oct 2, 2009 at 10:12 AM.
im catholic
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
I am a metaphysical and moral nihilist- like atheism, but to a greater extent.
Odlov, I believe it was in another thread you stated that you were "agnostic atheist." Excuse my ignorance is this has been explained before, but what exactly does that mean? Do you simply "not know" and accept that it is impossible to know in this life? Or do you firmly believe that a God figure cannot exist?
I find myself subscribing to a more of a Christian.. homebrew.. religion. If my beliefs fall under one of the many sects, I have yet to find it. I believe in an afterlife of either heaven or hell, that there is a God, that Jesus was a pretty cool guy, that he'll come again etc etc but I do not agree with the Catholic traditions that average church goers cannot communicate with him. Furthermore, I do not agree with what appear to be standard Christian beliefs that things like abortion and homosexuality are sins. I believe that religion is much more of a private matter than many churches are trying to shape it to be. Most of organized religion seems very hypocritical to me and that is something I do not want to associate myself with.
In other words: I like the game but not the community.
Originally Posted by hawtsoup View Post
Odlov, I believe it was in another thread you stated that you were "agnostic atheist." Excuse my ignorance is this has been explained before, but what exactly does that mean? Do you simply "not know" and accept that it is impossible to know in this life? Or do you firmly believe that a God figure cannot exist?

Gnosis means knowledge, and by saying i am agnostic i am simply admitting that i do not know everything and can't for a fact say that god does not exist, just like i can't for a fact say that we don't live in a matrix designed by a giant space banana.

That however does not prevent me from leaning toward the reality i think more probable.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Gnosis means knowledge, and by saying i am agnostic i am simply admitting that i do not know everything and can't for a fact say that god does not exist, just like i can't for a fact say that we don't live in a matrix designed by a giant space banana.

That however does not prevent me from leaning toward the reality i think more probable.

Interesting. I feel the exact same why (replacing "does not" with "does"). But, simply, I want to believe there is a God. So I do.
I wake up/On the floor/Start it up again/Like it matters anymore/I don’t know/If it does/Is this really all/That there ever was?/