Ranking
Yup, that's my personal Twitch however this thing is going to be on http://www.twitch.tv/guftv/

That's the channel for the place the tournament is being held at. It's the LCS for my university if anyone wanted to know. First day of 8 spread out over the semester. There'll be six games tomorrow (I hope but I don't know since apparently one of the teams in the A1 bracket dropped out. Organization hej!)

I'm actually pretty nervous for it since I haven't been able to do as much prep as I would have liked because it's super short notice but w/e. If you can tune in and catch some of the games that would be cool, I just hope I do alright.

Edit:

Bracket overview thing

Last edited by Solax; Aug 15, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
With a schedule that long, eat light for breakfast and lunch and have lots of tasty (non-carbonated) beverage around. And pop a mint or something from time to time. If you have to eat something heavy, make it a small amount.

Reasoning is you don't want to be hungry, but you don't want to be stuffed. Hunger is self-explanatory, but being stuffed risks making you lethargic and possible digestive issues (I dunno, maybe you have heartburn or something). It's better to eat just enough to be satisfied, and then use the mints/sugar candy thingy as a way to cheat hunger by popping one every hour or so.

And drink lots of water, cause if you cast non-stop that shit hurts your throat. Lucky casters get to cycle between two groups to avoid this, but if it's just you and another person for 6 hours you'll need the drink. Non-carbo because burping mid-cast is bm, plus indigestion problems. Light meals don't go well with carbonation in my experience.

Also, it's pretty funny, those teams have names that are near identical to my uni's teams thematically. College kids think alike it seems.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
HE'S THE BEST!!!

I've been a top lane fighter since preseason 3, and gnar is the second champion that satisfies me on release, next to elise. I've already played him like 15 times now, and I'm pretty sure I'm in love.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

I refuse to play recently released within the first 3 or so days on principle that I hate the instalock fights that occur.

That being said, having laned against him, the boomerang is glitchy and he's easy to punish if you have a gap closer and easy cc. Played ap bruiser naut against him, and I was chunking him more than half his health pre 6, constant all in threat post 6.

Trinity force looks like the best first buy on him, though all the idiots are still rushing botrk on him. Nice attack speed, it'll be a shame if I just gave no fucks and closed the gap so you can't abuse hyper. And his transforming is irritating because it's basically a free heal. Since it's a resourceless, periodic transform pre-6, he basically heals 100-200 health every transformation because health gains in transformations don't function % wise (e.x. if you have 25% health and then transform to gain 100 health, when you transform back that 100 is still tacked on, so it's basically now 25% health + 100, compared to a more balanced way for a free transform of take % of pre-transform hp, and make post-transform hp the same % at that states max hp).

And he's a ball of numbers that are oppressive as hell. 75% bonus ms on hyper at 16? Get the fuck out of here. Huge ad ratios on a low cd, somewhat fast, ccing skill shot? Get. The. Fuck. Out. % max hp magic damage on 3 spells/attacks for a physical damage champ. Fuck it, can't properly itemize.

He's going to be like Yasuo, where rito underestimates how easy it is to play a champ and overshoots the numbers because of it.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Gnar feels useless in ranged form and really strong in melee. Also, his entire kit is kinda awkward. You're building a champion similar to teemo one second and then Udyr the next? It's really clunky.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
Originally Posted by Spart1cu3 View Post
it's probably because you picked teemo, karma ya know.

Also does Final Boss veigar look like a really fancy caster minion, but with a staff and giant hand, to anyone else?

People like you think a teemo is quite useless when in fact he is quite more powerful as a APC basic attack style champ.

Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Gnar feels useless in ranged form and really strong in melee. Also, his entire kit is kinda awkward. You're building a champion similar to teemo one second and then Udyr the next? It's really clunky.

I am saving to buy him very close.
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Gnar feels useless in ranged form and really strong in melee.

His ranged form is pretty sucky in teamfights, considering his range is terrible for him to be an adc style team fighter, as well as his build not completely capitalizing on that. But I find it to be a much better 1v1 form than his mega form, sure that gives him lots of bonus stats, but his mini form has a great escape/chase kit with some nice burst with the W procs.

I still find it early for everyone to call him useless/op yet, that happens with every newly released champion. Pretty sure a couple weeks from now people might start getting used to him/completely ignoring him.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

I actually enjoy mini gnar over mega gnar, not sure why

Are you an artist and want to make a decent amount of TC? Check out this thread.
Got a penta kill in my very first game playing Gnar the other day. Bought him as soon as he released and played team builder with a 5 man.