Ranking
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
EJM I honestly think reading this thread makes me lose iq. Also bored ya but it's far from "button mashing" to play her effectively. That's what i was trying to say

I never thought we'd agree on anything in public.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Originally Posted by SparChar View Post
Crystaline 3 pots and long sword 3 too hard to buy oh noes! People just didn't know how to play Yasuo like I said. He has always been good even after the nerfs. The guy gets massive power spikes with every crit item and damage item.

There actually was a time when crystalline flask was 100g cheaper and was so good even mordekaiser could reasonably buy it. But now it's a very poor purchase for manaless champions, and yasuo should only ever start longsword or dorans blade.

I'm not really sure where your confidence comes from in saying people don't know how to play him. People at much higher elos than you pull about a 40% win rate on him nowadays. He's weak.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Does anyone have any good tips on how to play Katarina? Like I know the spells they're pretty straightforward, was just wondering if anyone has decent tactics they use with her (Ryan pls answer).
Originally Posted by Holotor View Post
Does anyone have any good tips on how to play Katarina? Like I know the spells they're pretty straightforward, was just wondering if anyone has decent tactics they use with her (Ryan pls answer).

Dfg, roaming, and surviving early lane are the basics.

Katarina is a very matchup specific champion. CC and poke heavy champions like azir and lissandra are very difficult, immobile squishies like karthus are your best friends.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

If they have a tanky person with a lot of interrupts, don't pick kat. And don't initiate, but don't be a janitor either. Time your entrance when most of the initiation or counter-initiation cc has been used, but before the teamfight starts dying down. That's the time when teams are most bunched up and chaos has started. Perfect for kat to wreck face.

Building kat, you can rush haunting guise followed by death cap for a relatively safe, scaling core, dfg kat for an almost guaranteed reset in a teamfight, or guise, void staff, abyssal kat for a mid game power spike.

And playing kat is honestly about spamming spells expecting your shit to reset. Not keyboard smashing spam, but a predetermined combo to spam when expecting a reset. Like q e w r, reset, e q w , reset, e q w, reset etc. etc. If you ever watch scarra play kat, you'll hear him basically smashing his keyboard during any all in. And that's because he wants as little downtime between a reset and a spell as possible. Probably not the best example, as scarra button mashes a lot in general, but it's the most pronounced example.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post

Katarina is a very matchup specific champion. CC and poke heavy champions like azir and lissandra are very difficult, immobile squishies like karthus are your best friends.

DFG and Surviving lane. You're contradicting yourself.

It really depends from a match up, but in higher elos you want to get farmed up as much as possible and start roaming, since it's unlikely you'll get a kill in a 1v1 situation. Unless your opponent is way more unskilled than you are.

If I were you, I'd start zhonya. Atleast that's what I usually do. It provides a bit of def stats, while giving some great offensive stats aswell. Plus, op passive for team fights. You go in, ult, zhonya, wait for team mates to get kills, get resets, gg.

I wouldn't recommend building DFG first, unless you are extremely good with the champion.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post

To add on I honestly think you should have a ward pre 4 just in case a gank against karthus so you can ward hope to safety.
I throw my Spanish in the air some times sayyin ayyo no comprendo
PBE Update

SPOILER

Last edited by Chris; Dec 17, 2014 at 01:00 AM.
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.
Be Zilean support in top lane
the one i'm supposed to "support" rushes like crazy
this person is about to die
use ulti to save his sorry ass
dies 10 seconds later
"Y U NO ULTI ME?!"

I hate players of LoL sometimes
#TribeON
Originally Posted by Kristis133
since it's unlikely you'll get a kill in a 1v1 situation

Yeah, you probably won't be very good at assassinating mid game if you shoot yourself in the foot with a zhonya's rush. Vs zed it's good, vs most mages you'll be hosed.

DFG doesn't have to be your first item (though surviving the lane is more about pots, wards, dorans shield, and jungler involvement than the big ticket item you get at 15 minutes), the point is that it's core. Like all reset champs, the ability to gib a specific champion at the start is incredibly valuable to kat.