Toribash
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
Yeah, you probably won't be very good at assassinating mid game if you shoot yourself in the foot with a zhonya's rush. Vs zed it's good, vs most mages you'll be hosed.

DFG doesn't have to be your first item (though surviving the lane is more about pots, wards, dorans shield, and jungler involvement than the big ticket item you get at 15 minutes), the point is that it's core. Like all reset champs, the ability to gib a specific champion at the start is incredibly valuable to kat.

DFG is core?

Excuse me? Most of the main Katarina players don't even build DFG on Kata. Expecting that you'll always be able to delete someone is just silly, that's not how it works, the trick to winning with Katarina, is giving your team-mates as much time as possible for you to get resets and wreck everything.

I'm not saying DFG is a bad item, what I'm saying is that Katarina benefits way more from Zhonya and you shouldn't build it unless you're extremely ahead.

Also, if we're talking about first item here, it's neither of the mentioned at the moment. You want to start from Abyssal Scepter. It's an amazing item for Katarina at the moment, especially if you're laning against apc.

Edit: It's personal preference, you might need the extra damage that dfg provides after the nerfs, but in the end, resets are more important.
Last edited by Kristis133; Dec 17, 2014 at 06:16 PM.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Malzahar's Malefic Visions Pentakill in King Poro ARAM

In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.

big

Last edited by Zorow; Dec 18, 2014 at 02:56 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
♥Team Aikido♦OoT♣Team Lenshu♠
~Link is my personal Dj
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Rito has endorsed hentai. gg

oh my god wtf

good thing they changed it
Virus: Son | ImVeryBlue: Husband | Creati0n: Wife
WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY
Originally Posted by Juha View Post
Be Zilean support in top lane
the one i'm supposed to "support" rushes like crazy
this person is about to die
use ulti to save his sorry ass
dies 10 seconds later
"Y U NO ULTI ME?!"

I hate players of LoL sometimes

If your allies decide to rush in, Q + E them into the fight. Nothing funnier than getting a kill from a suicide bomber.
Originally Posted by Kristis133 View Post
DFG is core?

I'm not saying DFG is a bad item, what I'm saying is that Katarina benefits way more from Zhonya and you shouldn't build it unless you're extremely ahead.

If you're ahead (ie. you're getting kills in lane) then you would obviously go for the DFG, so you can wreck more and win the game faster.
If you're behind (ie. you're getting killed / losing cs in lane) then you'd wanna either get imo:
Zhonyas - vs AD champs
Abyssal Scepter - vs AP champs
Originally Posted by Kristis133 View Post
DFG is core?

Excuse me? Most of the main Katarina players don't even build DFG on Kata

DFG is the 3rd most popular big item in the game on her at both high and low elos.

I mean, rushing a zhonya's is just not helpful vs another mage. Unless you hold on in lane until you can buy it straight away, you're going to have a stacking armor item vs a mage with a chalice or blasting wand for similar cost. That's not to your advantage. Vs jayce or zed or yasuo, do it. Otherwise haunting guise or abby scep will always be better for early.

I mentioned DFG because it's an item a newer player won't immediately key on. Haunting guise and liandry deserve mention for the same reason, really.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.