Toribash
Original Post
[rb] Upright Twist

Good time of a day, toribashians!
We're proud to present you the first event series from rubash.

You craved for extraordinariness?
Wanted something really special?

Then it's time for the Upright Twist!

Each of the next four weeks will be started with a replay-making event.
Each of them will offer you to make a parcour replay in one of four mods made specially for this event series.
And to win in each of these events you'll have to re-think the way you move your toris.

The first mod will offer you to play in the rotated by 45 degrees environment.
To play in the second one you'll have to get ready to play in the vertical world.
The third mod's environment is having the rotation of 135 degrees.
And finally, you'll have to learn to play upside down for the fouth mod.

Event #1: The Ascent
Event #2: Into The Sky
Event #3: Wallrun
Event #4: Upside Down

So let the action begin!
Last edited by sir; Jan 2, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
In our opinion marci's replay was worthy the second place. We don't judge by the degree of complexity that you mentioned in the thread.
Yes, it is a parcour replay event, but it doesn't mean that you should run. We judge by the overall look of a replay, and that's why the second place was given to marci.

And yeah, if you think that he "bought" the place (since I've heard such thoughts), you're wrong. He's not even Russian.
-----
And yeah, the last event has just started!
o/
Last edited by sir; Jan 2, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Nah I never thought he bought his place nor heard such rumors, I just think this isn't the right way to judge a parkour event...
I don't think I'm the only one who started tb parkour after seeing some awesome youtube videos or pro player replays back when I was a noob, and those replays/vids were awesome cause they actually looked like parkour and their makers put some efforts in it to do so.

Originally Posted by sir View Post
Yes, it is a parcour replay event, but it doesn't mean that you should run. We judge by the overall look of a replay, and that's why the second place was given to marci.

This is just totally absurd, running is the basis of parkour, it's like making a freezbee event and telling people you don't have to play with it.
And what did you find suitable for a 2nd place in the overall look of the replay ? He's all stiff, nothing looks like a human movement, it looks like the kind of replays a new player could make with a bit of efforts.

And finally, when I ASKED YOU, for the 'into the sky' event, what you guys were meaning by realism you told me you were expecting people to run the wall

That's just a mess, the 2nd place doesn't even concord with your own expectations/rules or at least how you presented them.
Last edited by deprav; Jan 3, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
it looks like the kind of replays a new player could make with a bit of efforts.

You know that you're lying, yea?
Marci's replay was one of the most complicated of what we've got. And he got the second place only because he wasn't actually running.

And yeah, why do you think that parcour doesn't involve jumping/spinning/etc? It's not running ONLY, that's what I meant.
----
To be expecting to see something =/= be giving prizes just for that.
You don't want to see the real meanings of words because of your %enter_the_correct_feeling_here%.
Last edited by sir; Jan 3, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
sorry what ? the most complicated ? it's the most messy for sure, but complicated probably not. To be complicated it should have been planed and structured, he's just doing something that looks more or less planed during the 250 first frames, then he's just moving throught the end of the track randomly...
I'm starting to wonder if you've downloaded the right replay.

I've never said parkour doesn't involve jumping/spinning/flipping/etc, I presonnaly jump, spin and flip any time I can in my parkour replays (sounds like you didn't check mine)...
I mean I know it's not running ONLY, but you still have to run/walk a little or have at least a plausible way of moving between each trick... or it's just not parkour!!
Marci's not even making one step on the ground (except before the last jump), his way of moving is totally absurd and unlikely, and he's 2nd.

"Marci's replay was one of the most complicated of what we've got. And he got the second place only because he wasn't actually running.

he got the second place only because he wasn't actually running.

because he wasn't actually running"

Seriously wtf, you just gave a 2nd place, in a parkour event, to someone ONLY (your word) because he's precisely not doing parkour.
This is way too much for me, the 2 other guys (Tengo and Largekilla) sure deserve to be there... but marci...

"%enter_the_correct_feeling_here%" rage and disappointement ?
I'm participating to a parkour event, I'm making a parkour replay, trying to be the most realistic I could because it's freakin parkour and it has always been about style and realism afterall, and at last my replay seems pretty good.
But maybe I would have done something improbable and retarded if I knew that could win a medal.
Last edited by deprav; Jan 4, 2012 at 02:49 AM.
That was our choise, we're not going to overthink the results of the first event. In our opinion Marci's replay merits 2nd place. That's it.
Yeah I guess I can just try harder on the last event if I wanna make things right now ;p I hope I'll have enough time.

I needed to yell my discontentement.