Ranking
please read the art board rules
thread tags are required and stuff

Originally Posted by Zebas View Post
What's wrong with it?

a better question would be "whats right?"
your photoshop and design experience is very limited, so naturally, alot of the basics have been overlooked.
take dae67s advice and look at some tutorials and look at other sig examples, compare work and stuff
with practice comes experience, and once you somewhat understand the basics in sig design(layout, flow, lighting etc) we can start going into detail, but atm, theres not much to comment on, theres no flow and no common lighting.
its a tori on a backround with some minor editing.

keep working at it and you will improve
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
This is pretty cool for your first sig the best is the one in the middle
Cant wait to see that head
Good job 9/10
Hope you become a great editor
l AOD founder l
Reflexz Co founder
Signature making is a pretty rare skill on the Toribash forums, so unfortunately (and no offense meant) don't take the high ratings to heart. Use them as motivation, but never take it to mean your sigs are 'good enough'. You can always do better.

At this point (like BenD said) what I say won't mean as much, though, so

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
take dae67s advice and look at some tutorials

^This. Google signature tutorials. Follow the tut, then experiment with your own. Google another one. Never follow one single tutorial; always try something new out. This will develop your repertoire of techniques.

Here's a sig I made, for example:

This one is actually pretty dark, but it's a good example of flow, color and blending.

On that note, here's a list of terms and tutorials you should google for signatures:
- Flow
- Lighting/shading/depth
- Focal point
- Color blending/contrast
- Typography

There's more, but that's all I can think of right now.
Last edited by joonveen; Nov 2, 2012 at 03:46 PM.