Ranking
Pffffffft, if i stop bashing myself, i'll just get cocky, and nobody wants that to happen. :U
But thank you very much for your kind words, good sir! Forsooth, i wouldn't have gotten to this point without the kind words. c: (i still think the cloud is terrible though, i drew it in like 10 seconds)

@Rhaemondzzzkie: Oh man, details. I admit the dragon and landscape could be more detailed, the lack of them is merely due to laziness on my part, but the fish is intentionally cartoony, because i really like that style of drawing. Nevertheless, thanks for your feedback! I consider 6-8/10 to be really really nice, so thank you once again!

also i herd u liek shading

it is a plant

Still not a lot of details, but hey. Also yes i fucked up on the stem, it's surprisingly difficult to draw such a long line in a smooth manner. :<
Last edited by Shook; May 23, 2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: ain't no 10/10 here no sir
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
I already said stuff, but I'll say it again.
Shading makes it look better then you're other one, but it's lacking the uniqueness of the other ones (giant eyebrows).
Make people know it's yours. Also, rather then drawing one line, since you're shading beside it, you could always try doing a bunch of shorter lines and then touching it up later.

I like simple drawings, better then over-detailed ones.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Dragon 7/10
Fish 5.5/10

Dragon looks very neat, the fish was pure lazy doodle lol.
You should add some colors to it or shade it to make it a little bit more 3D or depth to it.

Plant is much better

Thanks man! Also yeah, the fish was pretty much just a "lol i m drwing" thing made in comparatively short time, though i still do consider it a mostly finished thing, since most cartoons don't go much further than that in terms of detail (although they do add colours). Glad to hear that the plant rectifies some of those issues, though! c:

@Dscigs: I am actually drawing the outline as many small lines, it's just hard to see because it ends up being blurred. Also, regarding uniqueness, it's a good point, but there are more aspects to my doodles than angry eyebro's (even though they do take up a lot of space). I have this odd internal slider that goes from "silly" through "not very silly" to "flat out demented", and if one discounts the super clever word at the plants mouth, the plant falls in the "not very silly" category. It is thus a bit more bound by reality, meaning that a plant doesn't get eyes and accompanying eyebro's.
BUT I RAMBLE, thanks for your feedback once again!

also i coloured the plant woooooo

EL COLOURED

It's not perfect, but hey, it was fun!
Cool. You chose good colors in my opinion. The red looks a bit out of place though :c
I meant to do lots of small lines, but do them carefully.
I see something that looks like a pencil finger mark on the leaves. Interesting.
I have this page bookmarked c:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Try to get better line, as you see in your drawing, the lines are in very small increments,
that results in a hairy looking line.

Add curves too the picture, try to study other peoples sketches of a dragon or a fish.

Not going to rate.
You're right about the lines, they are indeed made of many smaller ones, although the "hairyness" might also stem from the fact that i haven't erased the underlying sketch all that well. Also, it feels like my hands just can't do long, smooth lines, which is also evident in my handwriting.

Also, curves? I'm sure you mean something that isn't just curved lines, but would you mind elaborating?

@trickbob: I agree about the shading, but keep in mind that it's my first serious drawing on paper. Might still tack on some shading, though.
About the expression, however, that's a bit of a special case: In my little world, dragons are canonically very unexpressive (varying between "grumpy/indifferent" and "going to eat your fucking ribs"), though i suppose it would have been a much more interesting piece if it wasn't so passive.

@Dscigs: Yeah, the red does stand out a lot, i probably pressed too hard with the pencil. :U
Also, if i try to do things carefully, they just end up looking worse, which is pretty odd. I suppose it's down to practicing more!