Toribash
Thing I love with it is:
1. The mapping is next to perfect.
2. The ears. Eargasm!
3. Originality!

Things that I don't love about it:
1. Lines doesn't seem smooth.
2. The empty mouth, add some teeth or something.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Adding a happy face too the back or adding some detail would make it pop.

Nice work!

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
Thing I love with it is:
1. The mapping is next to perfect.
2. The ears. Eargasm!
3. Originality!

Things that I don't love about it:
1. Lines doesn't seem smooth.
2. The empty mouth, add some teeth or something.

Adding teeth into the mouth will ruin the whole texture

Amazing work, love it
bintangfal#9846
Originally Posted by Azion View Post
Adding teeth into the mouth will ruin the whole texture

Amazing work, love it

I don't think it would. A pair of canines would follow the smooth theme, and it'd make him more dangerous looking.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, that's my personal opinion
Cause, the whole texture we're "abstract" and if you add some "cartoonish-thing" into the head, it will only made the head looks terrible.
bintangfal#9846
would have gone for horizontal lines on the back instead of vertical, would have been seemless transition and no more difficult to do, probably easier. the V shape at the back takes alot away from it.

otherwise, interesting as usual, looks good.

Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
I don't think it would. A pair of canines would follow the smooth theme, and it'd make him more dangerous looking.

that works for cartoon heads that rely on cheesy and childish designs.
but it wouldnt fit this at all.
no teeth is better than cheesy teeth.
Last edited by BenDover; Jul 3, 2015 at 07:15 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Thanks everyone. The vertical lines on the back were meant to vaguely resemble combed-back hair. Originally I wanted them all perfectly parallel and running straight down, but mapping the top of the head is a bitch, hence the slight "v" look. Made a different version of the back:

Last edited by Odlov; Jul 4, 2015 at 02:14 AM.
Great 'playing' with lines here. It's a real shame that it gets a bit distorted because of head's shape.
The current version of the head looks nice, but i'd add a same kind of detail on the back as on the first version, but vertically. Also on back near the neck joint, there's a rather large black spot, so i'd add some line there. That little part looks quite bland, but i believe you noticed this one yourself already.

Nonetheless, this is pretty much the perfect example how simple can be magnificent, if artist knows what he is doing.
It's All About Expansion