Toribash
almost looks like juggies too... but I'm not quite desperate :P

anyways, replays will be here soon, will just finish my first page tour and I'll start work on the third one of the bunch

___

hmmh... now I remember why I shouldn't post before adding more replays.

Now I can't bump with em...

well, hope someone notices -_-...

in the vitals: Uke takes a brutal (DM'ing in this case, otherwise pretty clean) hit in his vitals, in both the meanings of the word.
poor uke said tori does his hakken too slow: I was like "zomfg, that's (almost like) dancing, in MY replay ?!??!". hakken was the first thing that came into my mind, although that hardly looks like it... let's say uke's still tori's evil experiment and he thinks he's a master hakken dancer, and uke said it looks nothing like it, when tori assumed it only meant slow, when in real life he also did it too low (if anyone managed to move the feet in the same directions relative to each other, but standing up, that would look like 3 steps of hakken). waiting for joonveen to hear his opinion. I doubt even he can see this as spasming, although i haven't gotten rid of that either.
flying backhand: well, I managed to pull a decent punch from a jump, but this misses something. if I progress like with my earlier "projects", the next one should be good... I seem to have immense problems aiming jumps.
Attached Files
2 in the vitals.rpl (225.2 KB, 41 views)
1 flying backhand.rpl (166.6 KB, 28 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Oct 1, 2008 at 07:38 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
i love in the vitals, you put loads of weight behind that fist, and then the second hit come right back in the other direction! that decap was an irresistible opportunity. i reckon you could get a lot of nice combos out of that forward jump. cant really fault that one i dont think.

the hakken one is nice as well, but not quite as cool as the first one. I dont like that little twitch in between the 2 kicks. The dance is class though, flows on perfectly from landing after the kick.

the flying back hand needs a bit of work but i reckon its got potential, i know what you mean about jumping punches. I like how you land next to him and jump up towards him but i think it needs a second hit, the punch just looks a bit clumsy on its own. nice replays overall though, creative as usual
Last edited by Spree; Oct 1, 2008 at 04:06 PM.
[Addicted]Spree
Youshop | Art
Vitals: Very nice, the crotch punch could've looked a little more ferocious, but You saved yourself with the awesome sammich decap. Seriously, you should win like an innovation award or something

Hakken: The second kick looked really doubtful, like an old man with a harem kinda doubtful, but it's real which is good.

Flying backhand: Like the setup, and the punch was pretty good, But you usd your leg more than needed, as shown by the flight after the punch.

Best of this Batch(BOTB): 2 in the vitals
I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!

http://toritori9.on.toribash.com
Weeelll, Archlurps seems to have posing down pat, so I'll leave that part out. :P

Vitals: Ooooo. Bye bye, little..Uke babies. >_<
Hakken: That was cool. You could have tried for the two leg balance, but it's still cool. (ah heck, I'll edit it for you.) Nope, no spasms.
Flying backhand: Mmm. Nice recover (from the off-aimed-jump) Loved that side-foot to the head.
Attached Files
1 hakken jv edit.rpl (234.8 KB, 15 views)
Forgive me that I'm only judging the newest ones ;)

Vitals : I like replays were there is much work done in a short amount of frames, nice "splitcap" or whatever people call that... What i didnt like is the use of lumbar movement for the pose, it looked like your grinding flour inside there xD. Still though, nice replay

blabla hakken blabla : neat dismemberments and a neat pose, nothing special though

Flying backhand : Difficult to manoever around uke like that, same goes for the backhand decap, but you did a good job ! liked this one a lot too.

Had to edit the hakken as well. it lacked d-cap :P
Attached Files
archyedit.rpl (208.7 KB, 19 views)
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png
Teh omgz, Rutz, you stole my limelight. Damn you! I shall now critique your jack-like-edited-replay. Brace yourself!

The decap was okay, but the posing was phail. Compared to the original, this is actually worse IMO, trading style and a chest split for a decap.
I almost agree with Joonveen. in terms of just the dismemberments, it was a negative change, but the style you pulled it off with paid back for some of it. plus, I gotta say, the pose didn't work.

BUT since the only thing you were trying to do was decap uke instead of the split, it was a success in what it was.

please do comment the rest too sometime. you're something of a legend and I've been looking forward to seeing you comment my thread, but this is sort of an anticlimax

anyways. I've been restraining myself from posting replays for a few reasons. the biggest being to save a good reason to bump, to get time to gather up 3 new replays and to get at least one better than the others. I seemed to have a bit of a problem with the last one of those, but that is solved now.

so, here are the new replays:

I made a fountain outta you: this is a classic cliché phail name, I confess. but it suits it, woulda named after those fireworks called spirals, but since the word's no different from just the line whirling around itself, I didn't, to avoid confusion.
The next best thing: compared to a jump punch, that is. well, it's a leverage punch from a jump.
Uke's being sacrificed: FINALLY! a good aerial punch, and another one, and a hellishly fast kick... not to mention uke ending up lying in a mangled position inside a triangle made of his own pieces 0_0. All that's missing is the rest of the pentagram and black candles
Attached Files
1 the next best thing.rpl (173.9 KB, 19 views)
2 Uke's being sacrificed.rpl (339.5 KB, 21 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Oct 2, 2008 at 07:54 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Originally Posted by Archlurps View Post
I almost agree with Joonveen. in terms of just the dismemberments, it was a negative change, but the style you pulled it off with paid back for some of it. plus, I gotta say, the pose didn't work.

i know..all i wanted was the decap :P

Originally Posted by Archlurps View Post
please do comment the rest too sometime. you're something of a legend and I've been looking forward to seeing you comment my thread, but this is sort of an anticlimax.

Will do as soon as i got enough time on my hands. Promise ! Anyways...since when am i a legend ?:O
Thats new to me

^_^ <---proud

Gonna judge the new replays later today ;)
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

hmmh, well maybe "legend" is a slight overstatement, but you are a well-known player and renowned for your dancing and video skillz.

btw, I'm counting on you. I'm wasting my bump here :P
I refuse to grab.
-
Ok here we go !

I made a fountain outta you :

The kick itself is pretty neat imo, as is the buildup. What aches me is the shoulder that also turns red soon after impact, would have looked a teensy weensy bit better if it didnt. the spinning afterwards is stiff but i guess you didnt want to work on it anymore, the posing in the end made me assume that.

The next best thing :

Fits the description pretty well ^_^
Unconventional but interesting buildup, paired with a very very nice overhead punch ( I envy people who are able to punch properly ). Very clever of you to use uke as a balancing help when posing :P

Uke's being sacrificed :

My favorite one of the three, maybe because theres more damage done to uke, but i think its because you kept a very nice fluid flow during the buildup and for the 2 punches including the kick. Nice finishing pose as well. *two thumps up*

I'll start commenting the others from the start after another bump. I'm not good at this anyway ;)