Toribash
"Hey are u a girl"

"Yeh"

"HAHA NERD HJAAHAHAH"

This kinda thing doesn't happen. Most likely someone is trying to force the information on you, mostly due to trying to act better than other people, or just attempting to be cooler.
Difference of opinion, then. I feel like if someone was talking to me online as if I were a guy, and I happened not to be, I would mention it. I really can't know for sure without knowing the circumstances of original poster's case, but I'm just giving her the benefit of the doubt. I'm just saying.. There's a possibility that we might be being accusing of an innocent person. We don't know for sure.
Originally Posted by Gbleek View Post
To anyone saying this.. Many people on Toribash know I'm a guy. You've never had a conversation with someone on the internet where your gender is brought up? I thought that was commonplace on the internet. I don't think this girl was going around asking people for free TC or items or attention because she's a girl. She's a lesbian. Lesbians typically DON'T want that sort of male attention. I'm pretty sure it just comes up in casual conversation.

Originally Posted by Her sig
My name is Giselle, And I come from hell. But I'm pretty chill, If you will. I'm pretty gay, But thats just my way.

She also made a thread that literally says "I am a gay girl", but ok m8.

Also yeah no it doesn't come up in casual conversation.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
It's harder to stay anonymous and not tell your gender or lie about it then it is to just share it same thing goes for sexuality and now it doesn't necessarily matter but it's easier to just spilled the beans and hide it

And she put her sexuality in the thread that doesn't mean she's seeking attention anything she's just giving us context on the situation
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
You've never had a conversation with someone on the internet where your gender is brought up? I thought that was commonplace on the internet.

Never in my 5 years on toribash, nor in any game has a gender conversation come up. Why would we, there is a lot of better things to talk about. Like the game per chance.
And from my experiences with other forums, we are one of the most friendly and community oriented so to call us out on "assholish" behavior is pretty judgmental. Mods do a good job keeping everyone in check as well.
Don't know anything that can really get people in a chat room "vicious" as you put it unless you add fuel to the fire yourself which only escalates the problem.

On to the main topic, we really don't care what gender you are for the most of us. We probably don't even care if you tell us you're gay or straight, and even then you probably shouldn't be talking about that stuff to complete strangers like us. You should know that there are some immature people on the internet, and eventually some of those people end up here. So announcing things you know can get turned on you just isn't the best decision, and frankly makes you an attention seeker (if you do) because you should know this already.

tl;dr: Don't bring up personal/unnecessary information stuff unless you are prepared for people to shit on them and roast you for it. Because that is just how the internet is, learn to have thick skin. Kids will be kids wherever you are, you can't just change them.
Last edited by MrJingles; Oct 14, 2015 at 07:12 AM.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
i actually saw a guy once come into a server and say "are there any girls here?" i said yes and "get out girls this is a guy game only" or something to that affect. also i've had a couple people ask me if i'm actually a girl because i put in my bio that i'm female jokingly.

i'm not saying its anywhere near enough to be a problem but there are situations like that that happen. also a friend of mine supposedly kept getting sent dick pics from some kid or something cuz they learned she was vagina.
wow that
sucked
I'm expecting the tumblr blogpost regarding this thread in 3, 2, 1...

The only reason people make fun of you on the internet is because you do not need an identity on the internet and yet you want recognition. You're just person on device 00-11-22-33-44-55-66-77 routing from blah blah blah blah blah. No one gives a shit what your sexual orientation is, nor your gender unless you bring it up, in which case, people will make fun of you for begging for attention because there is no other reason to bring it up in the first place. User x likes pink dresses? Fair enough. User y likes pink dresses and says "I'M A GURL XD", cue bashing. It's all for recognition and attention.

Your identity has nothing to do with any conversation that takes place within the game. Please stop forcing other people to recognize you by some identity that isn't just a username.

Gender on the internet is like the non-imageboard version of tripcodes.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by MrJingles View Post
Never in my 5 years on toribash, nor in any game has a gender conversation come up. Why would we, there is a lot of better things to talk about. Like the game per chance.
And from my experiences with other forums, we are one of the most friendly and community oriented so to call us out on "assholish" behavior is pretty judgmental. Mods do a good job keeping everyone in check as well.
Don't know anything that can really get people in a chat room "vicious" as you put it unless you add fuel to the fire yourself which only escalates the problem.

Really? We must have completely different Toribash experiences, then. I'm not being passive aggressive here, I'm honestly scratching my head on this one.
maybe they just don't like your personality and make sexist remarks because they know it will offend you.

I told everybody I was a lesbian a few times and was never insulted, but maybe that's because I'm a cool kid
Really? We must have completely different Toribash experiences, then. I'm not being passive aggressive here, I'm honestly scratching my head on this one.

Either way, tumblr users find "misogyny" in everything so its up to one's descretion on how they view the community. I'm just saying, for the majority of us, we don't care if you are a girl or not. Its only a select few who are mean and probably stand out clouding one's view of the community as a whole.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/