Toribash
Right, let me explain to you all since the reasoning for this seems to be beyond you all.

For a tournament to payout there have to be x number of active players. If someone gets booted for being AFK then that person isn't counted as an active player, thus fucking over whoever wins since they wont get paid unless the server was pretty full.

After a long time of people bitching about AFK players it was implemented. Seriously, this community is never happy, you bitch when something happens then you bitch when something is done about it.

If you're not playing the game then get out the queue. If you want to continue you idiotic arguments about why you shouldn't be fined for ruining things for the other players. please check the old thread about this in suggestions & take a look at other people making fools of themselves whining.

If you're in a queue then play the damned game, if you're AFK then get out the queue or the room.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
lol. I'm glad this got implemented, but at least announce it heh.
-----
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Right, let me explain to you all since the reasoning for this seems to be beyond you all.

For a tournament to payout there have to be x number of active players. If someone gets booted for being AFK then that person isn't counted as an active player, thus fucking over whoever wins since they wont get paid unless the server was pretty full.

After a long time of people bitching about AFK players it was implemented. Seriously, this community is never happy, you bitch when something happens then you bitch when something is done about it.

If you're not playing the game then get out the queue. If you want to continue you idiotic arguments about why you shouldn't be fined for ruining things for the other players. please check the old thread about this in suggestions & take a look at other people making fools of themselves whining.

If you're in a queue then play the damned game, if you're AFK then get out the queue or the room.

True. How about people who quit in the middle of the game..do they get fined as well?I don't recon any precautions were put for it before.
Last edited by William; May 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by William View Post
How about people who quit in the middle of the game..do they get fined as well? I don't recon any precautions were put for it before.

That is different. When you've got to go, you've got to go. You can't blame anyone but yourself if you're afk during a tourney, but you can blame the system for fining you when you pinged.

I love the idea, but i don't think anyone else would.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by William View Post
True. How about people who quit in the middle of the game..do they get fined as well?I don't recon any precautions were put for it before.

Annoyingly no, or should that be "not yet" ?

Pretty sure something will be done at some point.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
That is different. When you've got to go, you've got to go. You can't blame anyone but yourself if you're afk during a tourney, but you can blame the system for fining you when you pinged.

I love the idea, but i don't think anyone else would.

But you can abuse it as well. Maybe 4k is too harsh of a penalty for pinging or having to go..but well if it's a final then at least match that prize..and then half it as it gets to semi-final etc...
Your messed up world enthrills me
It's unlikely that a fine for that would be added, it's more likely to be something like a temp ban for the person from tourney servers.

There's no point in treating pings differently to quits, because if only quitting was punished then people would just pull the plug on their connection to force a ping. At the same time you can't fine someone for having a shitty net connection & pinging.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Making a fee for needing to leave a server shouldn't be applied. It gives the player the idea that they are trapped in there and when they need to go somewhere, they'll be hooked on to not having to incur the payments and either way, the result is bad.

The afk penalty, yes, it needed to be applied but not at such a large cost, considering one tourney only gets you 500, if you afked the next round, you would have ended up with 3500 less tc than you started with and rather discourages the player in the long run.

My opinion on the afk penalty is that it should be nearing 1k, a sense of loss is still felt whilst not being too big of a price to pay for a thread like this had to start. Most tourney players are poor anyway.
"Always Extreme at heart."
I don't check the forums or go in-game anymore, I have quit.
...Or you could just not go AFK clogging up the queue.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by cozzakilll
Making a fee for needing to leave a server shouldn't be applied. It gives the player the idea that they are trapped in there and when they need to go somewhere, they'll be hooked on to not having to incur the payments and either way, the result is bad.

No, i don't agree at all. I don't see how a player would feel "trapped", just leave after the game and you should be fine, and not fined. (Bad pun).
It's not that a game is the most important thing in the world, but i don't think 5 minutes of your time is something so dramatic.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Some people have the inability to do so, after some time, more complaints may come in about this very issue.
"Always Extreme at heart."
I don't check the forums or go in-game anymore, I have quit.