Toribash
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
You misunderstand, he knows the mapping, he's talking about not being able to visualise the drawing part of it. how the tops get squashed and how it throws people off when drawing them in conjunction with the fronts and is looking for effective methods to map the sides into them correctly.

best method would be to draw of each face(top front bottom back) of the foot in 512x512. then for the sides, you rearrange them to surround your 512x512 side piece, so that you can get the seams right.
then resize/squash to fit the default templates.

difficult to explain without the correct images, nblx inox texture thread had a hand texture sort of showing what i explained. you have prime, see if you can find it

otherwise compare textures. preferably vector ones so you can clearly defined line mapping. have a look at toasts feet and hand textures, cant remember the guy that made them, but they turned out amazing

indeed.... I will make a sorta of explanation asap
-----

boom

-----
you just draw on da first and resize into da second
Last edited by Chikin; Mar 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Thanks there chicken, will give it a try. Also, yeah ben, was thinking of looking at how the mapping is done on toast's text are. And i already have nblx's hand thingy.

Here is an update on the set. The head is complete, moving on to the hands or feet.

Aka jusmi.
The hood is wrong. Annie's right side of the hood should be a lowered eyebrow with a orange evil looking eye.
"God praise your soul. <3"
~ZeToxiiK
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~[Pain] is inevitable, whether you choose to suffer or preserve sooner or later, [Pain] will find you.~~
Originally Posted by zotwi View Post
The hood is wrong. Annie's right side of the hood should be a lowered eyebrow with a orange evil looking eye.

It doesnt need to be exactly da same.... hood can turn into a sorta beanie.... and eyes can change color
-----
I would like to see a button instead the right eye
Last edited by Chikin; Mar 2, 2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by chicken89 View Post
It doesnt need to be exactly da same....

No it doesn't but this kind of error makes it an obvious lazy man mirror work. Which is not good.

Also what about the missing hair supposed to stick out from her back ? And the second set of bear teeth?

Notice how the long fangs doesn't come first, but the tiny ones then the long ones:

If you whine about head being finished and won't fix this I disavowers of you Dawksi.
Last edited by Freelancer; Mar 2, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Originally Posted by aerox21 View Post
No, the head isn't finished. You must undo the mirroring on the texture on the leather.

Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
No it doesn't but this kind of error makes it an obvious lazy man mirror work. Which is not good.

Also what about the missing hair supposed to stick out from her back ? And the second set of bear teeth?

Notice how the long fangs doesn't come first, but the tiny ones then the long ones:

If you whine about head being finished and won't fix this I disavowers of you Dawksi.

Not even gonna whine. It was pretty late and i forgot to do some stuff i wanted to do. some major stuff.

Also i am just going to keep it to those two fangs, it's not meant to be any actual bear head, just like a costume one that came to life or something.

More updates later!
Aka jusmi.