Toribash
Where did you guys get the height from? O_o

IMO it's a bit of an assumption to say that both lines are identical if it doesn't state that already.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Exactly, you're gonna have to prove that all three shaded regions form a full rectangle (if you want to go by the method of course), you can't just say they do and go by it, that's not considered a valid answer.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

The || marks on them mean they're identical iirc
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
You can't calculate the integrals unless you do a lot of measuring and manage to form the equations for both lines, which would be far too inaccurate to do it properly.
It's a common sense task, as far as I can tell, unless there is an equation that's not in the picture.

I proved that they all fit into a rectangle. ;o
http://i.imgur.com/kcJ6HS8.png
Did it roughly. Feel free to do it more precise if you want.
How are you?
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post

Drawing the exact same sizes in different places is in fact proof, but teachers don't accept drawings as proof, no matter how precise they are.
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Originally Posted by EJM View Post
Drawing the exact same sizes in different places is in fact proof, but teachers don't accept drawings as proof, no matter how precise they are.

i am a teacher
i accept drawings

argument invalid
-----
he problem has been solved
it's safe to assume that our technique is correct since haybale is like what, 12?

they're not gonna think it through that far for some high schooler's homework
Last edited by Arglax; Feb 2, 2014 at 03:28 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
f=m*a syens
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
The || marks on them mean they're identical iirc

The lines are only on the 6, not on the curved lines.
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
You can't calculate the integrals unless you do a lot of measuring and manage to form the equations for both lines, which would be far too inaccurate to do it properly.
It's a common sense task, as far as I can tell, unless there is an equation that's not in the picture.

You cannot measure diagrams. You cannot assume diagrams are to scale, or that the scale is congruent within them.

I'd take a stab in the dark and say your solution is correct, but the diagram doesn't have enough information to say that. For one thing, it needs to say the curves are identical. For another, it needs to say the height or you can't calculate the area.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
But Arglax, my teacher is some kind of serious guy type.
And i'm 14. fyi, none of my friend understand this question, nor do my brother.
Killjoys, make some noise!
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
i am a teacher
i accept drawings

argument invalid
-----
he problem has been solved
it's safe to assume that our technique is correct since haybale is like what, 12?

they're not gonna think it through that far for some high schooler's homework

Fallacy : Over Generalization.

Such "solutions" weren't valid since the day I started learning maths, not to mention the huge lack of information in the diagram that might've allowed you to even consider a drawing as a solution.

You need solid proof, not just putting something to scale and saying "oh look these fit, it must be a valid solution".

What if you didn't have the means of recreating graphs, or weren't allowed to at all (which is the case in most if not all problems), what would you do then?

By your logic, in a problem asking to prove that two lines are perpendicular, I can simply put my protractor and write down that it says 90 degrees, problem solved.
That's not the goal of maths problems.
Last edited by EJM; Feb 2, 2014 at 01:15 PM.
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

please stop overcomplicating the homework of a 7th grader. you fucking nerds
-----
also do your homework
Last edited by siku; Feb 2, 2014 at 02:17 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
QUACK