Toribash
Original Post
The OLDA "WTF?" SP replay comp.
Hello there.

This is a competition sponsored by Deady from OLDA. If all of OLDA hates me for doing it, then it will become "The Deady "WTF" SP replay comp." but for now, Im slapping the OLDA name on it.

The competition:
Will be for the best single player replay which meets the given criteria in a manner which is exceptional to that of all other entries.

The rules:
The replays must be made for this competition, and they must be made by the person who enters them. (Notice that I didn't say no haxing...that's because you can hax.)

The sort of thing we want to see.
A no grab madman. There are no bounds as far as mods or settings. Your task is simply to make a no grab madman that is stunning, fluid, fun to watch, stylish, and all those other things people love in a good TB replay. The means you use to achieve it are left to your discretion.

Judges:
Deady.
DeeJayy741
Kickass

The prizes.
First place: The ability to say "I got first place."
Second place: the same as first, but instead of first you would say second.
Third place: the same as second, but instead of second you would say third.

Yeah, I know...
There are NO prizes. The reasoning behind this is that after a certain point of playing Toribash, prizes tend become sort of trivial. For instance, there is no prize that I could see in a comp that would spur me to enter, other than the fact that, if I won, I would get the satisfaction of winning. This is also the reason that haxing is allowed. Your prize will be the knowledge that you have mastered the game.

Deadline.
For now there will be a 2 week deadline. So the contest will be over on June 2nd. However most of my comps end up being extended if someone asks nicely, so that date could change.

If you dont like this idea:
Well, sorry. But please don't use this thread to tell me about it.

o.k., I think that is about all.
Good luck everyone
Deady.

P.S.
If you want to help me judge, send me a PM.
Last edited by deady; May 12, 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
lets kickstart this comp huh ?
Attached Files
deadynograbcomp.rpl (165.4 KB, 108 views)
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png
Oh crap

I'm never going to win this.

Here's my sucky attempt.
Last edited by Tempo; Aug 13, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
★★★★★
[Sigma] [ORMO] [OLDA] [OSHI] [a]lly
Oh S*it yes! Now those are the types of replays I was hoping to see

Jaysus! See, those are the types of replays that cant be done justice by some prize...(though I may try).

Thank you both for entering, I think a lot of people will be scared of this comp, it is good to see that not EVERYONE will be.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Why thank you. I thought that my replay would get disliked
★★★★★
[Sigma] [ORMO] [OLDA] [OSHI] [a]lly
I probably won't win but here's my entry anyways hope you'll like it
PS: nice replays Rutz and Tempo ;)
Attached Files
Leyz_Ungrab_Madmanfixed.rpl (317.5 KB, 41 views)
Last edited by leyz; May 19, 2009 at 07:46 AM.
Originally Posted by leyz View Post
I probably won't win but here's my entry anyways hope you'll like it
PS: nice replays Rutz and Tempo ;)

Well, actually, seeing as there's only been 3 people who's entered so far.