Toribash
About a third of the stuff on my iPod is Nu Metal. I suppose I'm nostalgic.
I still love a lot of songs like Did My Time by Korn, some early Linkin Park and Slipknot.
infamous
I can't listen to Nu-Metal before I get annoyed with it.

And this is coming from a guy who listens to Noise rock.

I'd rather listen to a wall of noise then nu-metal.
The neighborhood douchebag.
cant say rage against the machines is metal but it sure is a mixture of rock & hiphop
otherwise "in flames" maby (melodic death metal)
and 36crazyfists(dunno what metal genre they are)
Last edited by Aff3; Jul 11, 2009 at 09:45 PM.
Woop
Rage against the machine is not nu metal.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by Aff3 View Post
cant say rage against the machines is metal but it sure is a mixture of rock & hiphop

How dare you lump Rage in with Nu Metal?! Rage is the only band I've ever heard that has consistently remained fucking good since when I first heard them. Still my favorite band.
infamous
Originally Posted by Karvian View Post
Hey, if you like Nu Metal, post a link to Youtube about your fav Nu Metal Songs

Desc: Nu Metal is A Mixture of any Metal (Death metal, Alt Metal, and such) with Hip Hop Or Rap Or Pop and such

My Fav Nu Metal Songs:

Disturbed - Indestructible
Disturbed - Down with The Sickness
Disturbed - Stupify
Disturbed - Stricken

what the fuck is wrong with you DOWN WITH THE SICKNESs ISNT NU METAL!!!

Disturbed isnt nu metal RARWARWR
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
linkin park was good before they started sucking

man, those were the days.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
The irony of new metal is that it's really old, it hit its peak mid 90's really.

I guess disturbed are okay, Korn are alright. Though I stopped listening to them when I hit 14.
Classified by most as a rock, or nu metal band, Disturbed is also regarded by some critics as alternative rock alternative metal, heavy metal and rap metal. However, when asked about die-hard heavy metal fans not finding Disturbed heavy enough, frontman David Draiman stated:
"We probably have too much melody going on or we're not quite as turbulent or caustic. While I really love that type of music, it's not what we try to do. If we have to place things in context, we're more hard rock than heavy metal these days."
"The secret is that we were never really part of any particular trend, although we definitely benefited from the popularity of what was called nu-metal at the time," Draiman says. "We never had the stereotypical attributes that those bands had. We don’t rap; there’s no turntable involved; no fusion in that respect. We play, in my opinion, classic metal. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Pantera: These are the bands that made us want to play.
Allmusic reviewer Bradley Torreano described the album Believe as "taking the sort of jump that their heroes in Soundgarden and Pantera made after their respective breakthrough records". He also described the title track as moving "from a brutal chug to a sweeping chorus that suddenly stops in its tracks and turns into a winding riff that recalls the work of vintage James Hetfield".
According to frontman David Draiman on the band's home documentary M.O.L., the lyrics that he writes are inspired by life experience, perception, and actual experiences of his own, and he stated that he likes to present his ideas with cryptic lyrics.

Indonesian? | Polly wants a signature. Squawk!