Ranking
Originally Posted by raydark101 View Post
Now, Why the absolute FUCK do you people keep bashing his work?

3D Animation is as much art as the Mona Lisa, In it's own way.
I'd love to see you guys do better, then you'll say 3D is art.

What is your problem, Stop looking at it in 'technical showcase' form and use your head.
Imagine it's a real sculpture, Then it wouldn't be a technical showcase, now would it?

In this one-sided fucking case it would!
FoodEater doesn't deserve a 0/10 because he's a great animator and artist.

Stonewall; I completely disregard your rating, as you seem intent on breaking him down as much as you can, before giving him a fair rating.

He could do with constructive criticism but don't contract his borders, expand them, open them wide!

-R

I agree with you here, so I'll provide some constructive critisicm

Foodeater, This is a pretty good start to 3d sculpting, But you must remember that even imaginary creatures have propertions and anatomy that like a real creature, For example, if you made something really really tall, you would expect it to look really skinny(exceptions being giants and stuff), short would be short and fat(exceptions for things like bugs)... but you seem to have mixed it up a bit strangely and theres something about it that just seems... off and un-natural, Another thing to do with the anotomy is muscles, the arms look like cylnders with shoulder pads attatched in your render.

And I am trying to keep to my point, that this applies to all creatures, fantasy or real. And trust me, i've had my experience with this, I have made much much worse looking things in my time, and I still can't get anatomy down all that good so I mostly stick to un-natural modelling

That and the hands look a bit messed up, i've found that hards are really really hard to get looking good myself Lol.

Although I still think the whole concept is cool
Last edited by Inzal; Aug 26, 2009 at 09:45 AM.