Toribash
textures on the Eviserating blade suck
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
textures on the Eviserating blade suck

Why thank you.
I'm letting the guy who made it choose. If you have any recommendations I'm happy to hear them.
something less swirly would be nice :P
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
on the eviserating blade, you might want to add a trigger of some sort to open the blades. Might make it look a bit more realistic.
Former Item Forger
Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
on the eviserating blade, you might want to add a trigger of some sort to open the blades. Might make it look a bit more realistic.

Look at the end. :/
Your main problem in all these scenes which makes them look pretty bad is lighting. Try using an external renderer, or at least using some ambient occlusion in your scenes, it really helps to make things look more realistic, instead of having to use a hemisphere lamp to prevent shadows from being completely pitch black. Also, using the default specular settings and no bump maps decrease the quality a bit, since a texture which suggests contours with a completely flat specular and diffuse overlay just doesn't look right.
Originally Posted by FoodEater View Post
Your main problem in all these scenes which makes them look pretty bad is lighting. Try using an external renderer, or at least using some ambient occlusion in your scenes, it really helps to make things look more realistic, instead of having to use a hemisphere lamp to prevent shadows from being completely pitch black. Also, using the default specular settings and no bump maps decrease the quality a bit, since a texture which suggests contours with a completely flat specular and diffuse overlay just doesn't look right.

I have ambient occlusion on for all them.
Don't judge the eviscerating blade's lighting, I haven't got to it yet.
As for external renderers.
I tried indigo, didn't work (you remember the problem).
I tried using Yafaray, Blender quits every time I render with it.