Toribash
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
What does ''hipsterish" mean?

The suffix -ish means "like".
Meaning, hipster-"like".
Hipster = Liking unpopular music because its "cool" to be uncool. Typically what is 'cool' to listen to is dictated by pitchfork.

Pitchfork sucks.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Meaning, hipster-"like".
Hipster = Liking unpopular music because its "cool" to be uncool. Typically what is 'cool' to listen to is dictated by pitchfork.

Pitchfork sucks.

so wait, pavement isn't the best band ever?

I don't listen to enough brand new music for a best and worst, so I'll do likes and mehs.

Franz Ferdinand - Tonight
Them Crooked Vulture - Them Crooked Vultures
Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
Arctic Monkeys - Humbug
Animal Collective - Meriweather Post Pavilion (fuck you m0o ;P)

Mehs:
Muse - The Resistance
Weezer - Raditude
The Qemists - Join the Q

For the first two mehs, they were good, but not as good as they should have been. I still listen to them, but not as much as other stuff by the same artist. Join the Q was mostly from the singles, but with a few unappealing songs added.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I didnt feel let down by the latest muse effort at all tbh. Some great tracks on there with the obligatory crowd pleaser songs thrown in to keep record labels happy. I was a lot more disappointed by them crooked vultures, who were so overhyped that i was expecting a zeppelin/nirvana/etc medley of unwashed loud shameless rock which felt more like a carefully produced hour or so of "yeah, sounds alright".

Best discoveries i made this year were belgian band Ghinzu and the Frusciante album "the Empyrean".
I only like two albums that came out this year and that is

Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt by Gorgoroth
All Shall Fall by Immortal

Even then those 2 albums weren't that good. Slightly disappointed by the Production of both albums.

Hey, Hector! What is with your head texture in your signature. It looks like Demonaz.

Also I don't see how you think a band can sound like Nirvana or even Led Zeppelin when the guitarists made them sound like that. It doesn't make sense. In Them Crooked Vultures John Paul Jones was the Bassist and Keyboardist of Led Zeppelin while Dave Grohl only played the drums for Nirvana. Expecting a Zeppelin/Nirvana medly is frivolous beyond belief.
Last edited by T0ribush; Nov 23, 2009 at 07:48 PM.
Originally Posted by fat0ninja View Post
For me, the biggest disappointment was 21st Century Breakdown, by Green Day. >>

I'm inclined to agree.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
What's your opinion of Hold Time by M. Ward? Some of it is a bit poppier than his earlier stuff (ex. Transfiguration of Vincent). But I think it's a pretty decent album.
[Piratez]
I am neither Oyster nor lsl.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Meaning, hipster-"like".

Pitchfork sucks.

lol good explanation. heres a better one:

http://www.latfh.com/

also back to albums i forgot to add jos orbison hyph mngo/wet look EP
Last edited by chow11; Nov 23, 2009 at 11:46 PM.
Originally Posted by h4rl View Post
I didnt feel let down by the latest muse effort at all tbh. Some great tracks on there with the obligatory crowd pleaser songs thrown in to keep record labels happy. I was a lot more disappointed by them crooked vultures, who were so overhyped that i was expecting a zeppelin/nirvana/etc medley of unwashed loud shameless rock which felt more like a carefully produced hour or so of "yeah, sounds alright".

Best discoveries i made this year were belgian band Ghinzu and the Frusciante album "the Empyrean".

Them Crooked Vultures is amazing. One of my favorite records from any year. Also, I wasn't saying the resistance was bad, its just not as good as I thought it would be.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well