Toribash
I like that background with those diagonal (?) small lines, makes the shape look even better. I kinda like this style of background.
Anyway, yeah the eyes n' hats were awesome, so is this. The flow from the slightly darker blue to the normal blue looks very nice and smooth and the little accents fit perfect.
Overall a nice piece, I like the little "tentacle-endings". ;o
I cannot believe this amateur behavior. I cannot believe nobody has noticed the horrible lines that were produced because of this mistake. A gradient like you used to fade the edges to black needs too many colours that you cannot produce within the limits of an 8 bit image.

0/10

Aside from the horrible technical mistake, the actual figure holds no importance, and I rather dislike abstract.
Last edited by Stonewall; Dec 28, 2009 at 09:21 PM.
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
I cannot believe this amateur behavior. I cannot believe nobody has noticed the horrible lines that were produced because of this mistake. A gradient like you used to fade the edges to black needs too many colours that you cannot produce within the limits of an 8 bit image.

0/10

Aside from the horrible technical mistake, the actual figure holds no importance, and I rather dislike abstract.

Stonewall, are you talking about how the background seems to be broken down into horizontal segments, or the scanlines?

Additionally, if you're giving this a zero because you dislike abstract art (I doubt that your extremely low rating came from that single mistake.) then don't comment on/rate abstract pieces. Giving an abstract piece a low rating won't make abstract art disappear, it only hurts the creators (in this case Mapleleaf's) feelings.

Now then, I really like how and where you placed your highlights in this image. How you used gradients to make a glowing core in the center is really nice to. My only problem is how on the southernmost inner tips of the figure, the outward curve seems forced/last minute to avoid a collision if the figure continued.

I'd give it a 7/10

(>^_^)>
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post

0/10

10/10 u hurt my feelings
It isn't only horizontal, anywhere there's a gradient between similar colours, that breaking effect happens.
Also, I believe art is either good or bad, so its very rare i give anything between a 1/10 and a 9/10.

Besides, mapleleaf knows i luff heem. :>