Toribash
Originally Posted by DesiTwist View Post
I might get another GPU to run SLI, that's why I need a 600w PSU

That would be a waste of money... specially on the long run. It wastes too much electricity and you'll never be able to fully double the performance of the GPU's. Its always a better option to get a recent and affordable GPU. Investing your money in SLI or Crossfire is far from being a perfect solution when you want things cheap and up to today's standards. Cuz if you do that, your electricity bills will hurt like hell while extracting very little juice from the cards true power... Not to mention all the problems with the noise, temperature, and even bad optimization in synchronized work output.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jan 20, 2010 at 12:19 AM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
I realize he can have an AM3 motherboard for the same cost as his AM2 choice, and then DDR3 RAM to go with it. I know that his current motherboard doesn't support DDR3. :\
May I suggest a Seagate Barracuda 7200.13 500GB which should be the same price and better than the Caviar like 50$(.12 sucks because of all of the random seeking which is very loud and it's out of date)

Also I would DEFINATELY upgrade your Graphics and RAM.

And I'd say to go with a 4xcore

Another thing that has been said that I'm backing up is not to go with SLI, another reason for that is that many games actually run slower with SLI because both of the cards have to "communicate"
Last edited by Yourface; Jan 26, 2010 at 03:22 AM.
If you're going to do gaming, get a 64-bit, DDR3 capable Mommyboard(I want to has differentness?) and at least 4 gigs of Ram.

Plus Athlon processors are NOT gaming. Try an AMD Phenom II X2.

I'm not good with ATI gfx cards, so you're on your own there.

And great choice of the case. That one looks [SXC].

Now, if you get this more expensive stuff, your rig will go up to around $500-$600, but I think it's worth the money.

That's also a much better computer than my $400 Compaq from walmart T.T
i liek turtelz xd
Check this out. A good brand new computer good for gaming for less than €400, ready for Direct X:

DVD-RW Drive: LG GH22LS50 - 30,00
Processor: AMD AM3 Phenom II X2 545 clocked to 3 GHz - 74,50
Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 - 108,50
Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-M Evo -71,90
HDD: Hitachi Deskstar T7k500 de 320 GB - 36,50
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 2x 1 GB - 50,00
PC Case: 2HIX Clone with PSU ATX 450 W - 27,50
TOTAL €398,90

If you live outside Europe then just check the prices there... It should be around the same price-tag...
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Feb 3, 2010 at 03:30 AM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi