Endurance Onslaught 6.0
i kinda secretly want you this to work

i would love it if toribash moved towards a more stiff style of replay

not that i actually like many of them but keep it up

and maybe someday hold will be the new lax
Free Pv2Caribou
Originally Posted by TheSamurai0926 View Post
More of 1 for relax. That Replay happened to suck...badly. Good job on devastation, but showboating with RELAX makes your replays PERFECT. VERY stiff, not many people would be impressed with this replay. 3/10

dude, I watched your replays, you suck worse than I do! pfffft

you just don't get it!
<3 Toribash!
Originally Posted by GenX000 View Post
dude, I watched your replays, you suck worse than I do! pfffft

you just don't get it!

Called constructive criticism for a reason dumbass. I just REALLY HATE stiffness because all noobs are stiff especially since you are PROMOTING it makes it worst. And besides, I am a MP player, I just BEGAN Single Player, so say again I suck :lol:.
Originally Posted by TheSamurai0926 View Post
Called constructive criticism for a reason dumbass...

I don't mind constructive criticism, but you're telling me to be relaxed when I'm intentionally trying to be stuff. You're saying it sucks because it's stiff, just because you don't recognize this as a style. Your comments are not very constructive in my opinion, so I don't find them to be accurate when you say things like it sucks and nobody will like it!

I think you just have a narrow minded opinion of relax = good / stiff = bad...

You can do cool things without being relaxed all the time! I checked out your thread and watched your replays... you were very relaxed, but that didn't mean "showboating with RELAX makes your replays PERFECT" as you put it, all the ratings were pretty poor weren't they?! It's not about "it has to be relax or it sucks"... it's about "it has to look cool!" and that's it! That's what you don't get!

anyways, thanks for the 3/10, I'll try harder to make a better stiff replay
<3 Toribash!
I DO recognize Stiffness as a style, but when it comes to doing it in EVERY replay, it has gotten annoying. And relax makes your Replays Flow while you look like an SP beginner with stiff. Imo, it's rather preferred to relax then be stiff in EVERY replay, which is why each replay I saw wasn't good. You seem like a good player, just that stiffness is ONLY good when literally DESTROYING uke, like what one of War_Hero's replays were, destroying uke stiff, but relaxing in the mix, which I haven't seen so far in this thread. Don't intentionally be stiff, atleast balance stiff and relax for fluidness. ATLEAST...
I happen to like hold-style replays quite a lot and that last one was pretty neat. The one thing you have to be aware of when making stuff like this though is that keeping the fluidity between your attacks can be a bit harder. The actual hits in GenX000-Stiff Style flowed pretty well, especially the last two, but there were a few bits in between that lacked a certain amount of direction. If you plan your moves a bit further in advance, that could help.

As for the whole "stiffness in replays is pretty noob-like" debate, it really isn't. It might be easier to pick up for new guys, due to relax being kind of unpredictable when you're first starting, but hold style replays can be just as awesome as the best relax style ones. Check out ChezDa's stuff for example, he's quite the people's favourite and he used loads of hold in his replays!
If you are going to use a "stiff style" I suggest you try not contracting or extending your joints to their limit constantly. I am intested in your replays, keep working on them.
Last edited by DDCM; Dec 17, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
ORMO