Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Depends on the genre.
Mostly I read Fantasty and I could suggest you to check George R.R. Martin's A song of ice and fire,Robert Jordan's Konan/The wheel of time,Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen and other.
I like reading Science too,but I can't suggest a particular author.Most interesting science books are about physics and astronomy,athleast thats my opinion ;]
Gingers have no souls!!!
Anything by Dan Brown
Childhood's End (forgot the author)
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
Originally Posted by Jimbobwe View Post
Childhood's End (forgot the author)

Arthur C Clarke (Seriously you couldn't just google it?)

http://i.imgur.com/f04Mt.jpg

linked due to huge picture size, but there's a good list of books to check out that I found on some chan site's book section. I swear I downloaded another list of more contemporary books but I cant find it for some reason

Anyways, I'm not much of an oldschool lit reader so the top list isnt really my thing, but for the bottom one, I would super recommend 1984, brave new world, fear and loathing in las vegas and Naked Lunch. I'm actually not much of a reader in general, but those were the ones I have read and thorougly enjoyed.

Anything by Chuck Palahniuk is good. He wrote books like Fight Club, Choke, Surivor and invisible monsters.
Cormac Mccarthy is another good writer. Check out The Road and No Country for Old men if you enjoy western types.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
Originally Posted by Larfen View Post
Snow Crash is awesome.

Some authors I would recommend would be George Orwell, Orson Scott Card, and Isaac Asimov.<<<<the man

YES
read issac.
foundation series
awesome.
he also wrought i robot.

orson wrote enders game i think... thats an awesome series.

ive read the the_stainless_steel_rat(great book) day_of_the_trifids
lord of the rings is kewl but ive had a couple of cracks at it and couldnt complete it (probs cuz i tried to young...like 9 lol)

i know stainless steel rat (one of the best series of books ive every read) are hard to get hold of (not published or in any libraries i know...im in NZ so YEAAA)/

some more modern books like.

armagedons children by terry brooks. are quite good.
so yea.
those are my top list of books. (these are the books i enjoyed the best, like ive read eragon but found issacs books better, this doesnt mean eragon is a bad book)
ive read allot of others i cant remember. will post when i can
Last edited by Sentinel; Jan 31, 2011 at 04:26 AM.
<Pab10> i knew it
<Pab10> im a wizard
John Dies at the End

not sure if anyone has recommended it, don't care. read it.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
Originally Posted by dalir View Post
John Dies at the End

not sure if anyone has recommended it, don't care. read it.

One thousand times this.
There's some sort of sequel too but I haven't got around to reading it yet.
Originally Posted by fat0ninja View Post
1984, by George Orwell, is a good (if depressing) read. Also Animal Farm.

Those books are absolutely essential if you wanna start reading books. They are brilliant.

I personally prefer good historical novels but if you want to find out what kind of books you like you should just read books from famous authors from different genres.

George Orwell's 1984, dystopian fiction
Phillip Roth's The Human Stain, modern social critisism
Cody McFayden's Shadowman, Thriller
Robert Heinlein's The Puppet Masters, Science Fiction
Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Philosophy
Daniel Kehlmann's Measuring the World, Fictional Biography and Novel

Those are all brilliant and intense books.
Originally Posted by ad3556 View Post
heres a list of series's i liked
*Twilight

shit just got real yo.

Im a Fantasy Fan

Anything by David Eddings (the Belgariad, The Mallorean, the Illenium, etc) normally works for me fine. long series, everythings sorta interlinked. works well.

Jennifer Fallon has some good stuff as well, check out the Medalon/Demon child series

Also enjoyed the Eragon series, quite enjoyable. still waiting on a release date for the last book tho =/
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-