Toribash
Lacks details, too much grain, doesn't really look realistic due to the weird sofa legs and unrealistic walls and the horrid grain.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
@Freelancer, i guess iŽll fix those sofa legs soon. Lacks details.. duude, its just a WIP!
dunno about the grain, donŽt forget i am pretty new to this!
Also, iŽll add a wall texture.

Edit: "too much grain"
Freelancer, if u mean the noise on the pic, thats Žcuz i just rendered a short time.

Edit:

Update on the first page.
Added a Lamp and a Glass Tabel. (yes, the strange looking block under the glass is a marmor block, iŽve chosen this tabel cause itŽs standing in our living room ;) )

ThingŽs to fix:
The Tabel is flying..-.-
I badly changed something at the floor, ill change it back.
Making the Lamp looking more realistic.
fixing the Sofa legs.
Playing around with the light color Žn stuff..(Picture is to "yellowish" )
Things to add:
Something like this
Wall texture.
Tv.
Other small things.
Last edited by Chreeys; Mar 16, 2011 at 10:44 PM.
[GU] [RL][Epic Replay Theard][Realism Player][deviantART]
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
Lacks details, too much grain, doesn't really look realistic due to the weird sofa legs and unrealistic walls and the horrid grain.

Some renderer need ages to calculate, specially diffuse lighting/global illumination and caustics are a big problem, specially for the cheaper tools or freeware.

The grain is imho just there because the renderer can't finish its ray-shooting and/or not optimized settings for it.

Beside that there are some points I think that needs a little rework:

• empty walls, need a little more details like pictures, lighting-switches, sockets
  • maybe a second light-source inside the room to get some more of the details into sight
  • windows are never just stucked into a wall. they have a little more space to the sides. Look at real windows and u see what I mean ;)

And take a look at the documentation of your renderer for better settings of the GI and lighting-setup. Lower/optimize the settings of the rays to get shorter rendertimes and less noise at the image.

An image like that needs hours for a good result, thats normal. If u can start the rendering before you go to bed or if you go out for some hours. With that u don't have to sit and wait.
Check my Soundcloud ;)
Wow, that's too cool. I like it open, you shouldn't add anymore, it adds a distant feeling to it.

But you should totally spend the 20 + hours on a clean render.

inb4 it's all photography
@Jokerstein, i hope ur kidding.
@Vipertech, IŽll do my best Anyway thanks for the tips!
@Slycooper, iŽll probably add something on the floor, hope its ok for u
Also, IŽll try to add a Picture outside the window for more realism!
Last edited by Chreeys; Mar 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM.
There will be a big update soon!

Update Notes:

Added a wooden shelf, a modern picture on the wall, a mordern vase, new textures etc.

Things to fix :
The Picture needs to be lowered.
The material of the vase isnŽt good enough.
Need to fix the wood textur at the windows.
There is to much bumpmap at the walls.

Little preview of things which iŽll add soon :

Books, magazines, a modern lamp etc.
Last edited by Chreeys; Mar 18, 2011 at 10:26 PM.