Toribash
Invest!

If you go with CDs you're guaranteed your original investment plus the interest rate you have locked in. For a five-year CD at 3.75%, that's around $6,010.50 after five years. You can also consider an index mutual fund, like the S&P 500 (symbol: SPY) or the Vanguard 500 index fund (symbol: VFINX). With those, you don't have to make a lot of decisions because you don't have to pick your own stocks and sectors. As long as your horizon is three to five years, you should be in good shape, since historically, the S&P has averaged a 10.3% return since 1929. After five years, that's about $8,052.05. For long-term objectives, you can generally be more aggressive because time is on your side. If you invest about $3,000 in a standard mutual fund, you can use the rest on a riskier, small-stock fund, such as the Nasdaq-100 index (symbol: QQQ). This includes tech companies like Microsoft and Intel, which tend to be more volatile but will yield a higher return over time. Your diversified portfolio could total around $13,750.09 in just five years
Throw a hotel party and enjoy the good life
[2:39pm]culapou>i've killed over 500 people without stabbing them I can kill people with my bear hands if they ever try messing with me
invest in Penny stocks, win really fucking big, or loose it all
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
Pay somebody $5k to think of a good idea to spend $5k on.
-----
Originally Posted by MadJik View Post
Invest!

If you go with CDs you're guaranteed your original investment plus the interest rate you have locked in. For a five-year CD at 3.75%, that's around $6,010.50 after five years. You can also consider an index mutual fund, like the S&P 500 (symbol: SPY) or the Vanguard 500 index fund (symbol: VFINX). With those, you don't have to make a lot of decisions because you don't have to pick your own stocks and sectors. As long as your horizon is three to five years, you should be in good shape, since historically, the S&P has averaged a 10.3% return since 1929. After five years, that's about $8,052.05. For long-term objectives, you can generally be more aggressive because time is on your side. If you invest about $3,000 in a standard mutual fund, you can use the rest on a riskier, small-stock fund, such as the Nasdaq-100 index (symbol: QQQ). This includes tech companies like Microsoft and Intel, which tend to be more volatile but will yield a higher return over time. Your diversified portfolio could total around $13,750.09 in just five years

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...0/ai_n6126393/

At least quote the source. Dat plagiarism brah.
Last edited by MrDocSir; Jun 29, 2011 at 05:15 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
A powered para glider or other ultralight. You may need a couple grand more, though.

Last edited by isaac; Jun 29, 2011 at 06:37 AM.