Toribash
Originally Posted by JodyD View Post
Who are Ninja ?
They are hidden admin right ?
Who are Ninja ??

Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
Still... What ninjas?
Don't know what ninjas you are talking about...

Don't you guys ever read this?
This are the definitions below:

Originally Posted by Simple Definition
Ninjas - administrators that deal with major scams and watching over the lower administrators. Watching over big issues that concern Toribash, ninjas can change the settings of the forum.

Originally Posted by Murmayder's Interview with suomynona
Ninja(s):

suomynona:

Murmayder: What do you believe an Administrator and/or Moderator needs to possess in order to do their job properly and what do you do in your job as an Administrator?
suomynona: By far the most important trait is common sense, followed by a good intelligence. By the time someone reaches admin, they should know whether or not something would work, be feasible, be practical, or be approved by me. Albeit that last one is subject to debate.

Murmayder: How does one attain the skills that may be needed when moderating the forums?
suomynona: Common sense, when I look at some of the things that support gets, appears to be difficult to acquire. It tends to be a case of just sitting back and thinking about it. Intelligence can usually be acquired by asking a question now and then about what or how something works. Which, while I expect people to know how the forums work on a superficial level, I doubt many of the smods have the same knowledge of how it works in the inside as me or the other ninjas.

Murmayder: What do you mean by knowledge of how it works on the inside?
suomynona: Just for an example, banning involves using an automated tool which modifies the user's usergroup to one with very few permissions. The main thing you have to know is that you can't just change a person's usergroup to a banned group by itself and expect it to work right.

Murmayder: Is this something an SMod would be expected or benefited from knowing or is it for more Administration and Ninjas?
suomynona: An smod has to use the banning tool, so it's just a case of something admins and ninjas need to know. But at the same time, knowing the limitations of the forum is nice before you come asking me to do something patently impossible.

Murmayder: Are you asked many things by SMods that aren't possible?
suomynona: Yeah. We already had to break one coding standard. The VIP post background was an example of one that STILL doesn't work quite perfectly on all browsers.

Murmayder: So, your job is helped by Support threads and by observations and suggestions from the staff in general?
suomynona: Well, that requires classifying what my job actually is. I mostly act as an intermediary between the lower and upper administration; id est community and developers. As for support threads, I mostly avoid them. No really interesting problems going on in Support at present.

Murmayder: Has the recent loss of 2 ninjas, leaving you 'the last of your kind', as it were, put much strain on your job?
suomynona: Not really. The administration is an organic creature, cut off one or two limbs and it'll just adapt and grow a few more.

Enigma | Indonesian?
rip aelise, she wil b remembrd