Toribash
Yes and no.

We've yet to identify what really causes this problem, guesses have been tossed around thesis have been disgarded, but we've yet to get anything solid.

This problem seems to plague minority of Win7 64-bit users, who have "something something" that doesn't work as intented.

You could try asking how Technox fixed his problem / What version of drivers he used.
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Is there any estimate to what causes this issue? And I PMed him, so if i get a response back I'll see if his solution helps. If not then I'm at a loss.... Maybe a mix of backdating toribash and drivers or something else...
Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.
Backdating Toribash will only cause more issues - 3.91 and older versions use the old servers which will be getting switched off soon.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Ahh there is part of the problem...
See.. thats the problem there.. obviously its the servers n the changes bein done on the host side of things not the client side. TB was working nicely last week.. Now not even I can click multiplayer and keep the TB from freezing or not connecting. Stop telling people its their drivers when the game already runs. Check out the servers n undo whatever was done between last week and this week. When u can see ME of all ppl posting on here. yall KNO something is goin on that isnt up to any good. This is the brother error of "denial of service". WHY would you turn off servers that allow old clients from connecting?? Yall folks havent even fixed the mouse/camera rotation pointer issue yet... all these changes changes changes and failure to correct small/past issues lead up to bigger issues like this eventually. damn..
Originally Posted by Hyperman View Post
See.. thats the problem there.. obviously its the servers n the changes bein done on the host side of things not the client side. I beg to differ.
"Version 3.91 of Toribash requires that your visual C++ framework be up to date, if you find that you can load freeplay, but not multiplayer, and older versions of Toribash work, then this is probably the issue stopping Toribash from working."[1]

TB was working nicely last week.. Now not even I can click multiplayer and keep the TB from freezing or not connecting. Stop telling people its their drivers when the game already runs. Read what I said above again.

Check out the servers n undo whatever was done between last week and this week. Undo whole server migration, just that you could use your out dated client? No. Not going to happen. Even less when there is viable method to connect to new server even with your old clients.[2][3]

When u can see ME of all ppl posting on here. yall KNO something is goin on that isnt up to any good. I don't know who you are, nor do I care. And same probably goes for majority of other staff members too.

This is the brother error of "denial of service". WHY would you turn off servers that allow old clients from connecting?? ...

Yall folks havent even fixed the mouse/camera rotation pointer issue yet...
What is this issue you are talking about? How could we start fixing something if we do not know that it's broken in the first place?

all these changes changes changes and failure to correct small/past issues lead up to bigger issues like this eventually. damn.. I fail to see any issue(s) you are talking about. If server hardware gets so out dated that it cannot handle services required from it, it will be updated, as have happened now.

[1]http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=214180 -- Game - Performance and Drivers. From FAQ section of these Support boards.
[2]http://forum.toribash.com/announcement.php?f=11 -- Notification thread, for need of updating your client.
[3] G) Backdating Toribash.

If you can't get Toribash to work with any of the other methods listed, you may need to use an older version of Toribash, old setup files are stored on Jarmund's servers:
http://toribash.jarmund.net/clients/
Please make sure you patch the client with Vox's handy 3.6+ -> 3.93 server fix, which will let you access the new servers using an old version:
http://vox.jarmund.net/ServerHotfix.exe
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Who is Vox? That patch is the savior. Does HE work for whoever is de-buggin TB?? I appreciate ppl who work to serve the folk who need stuff done. Also now would be a good time to ask about the mouse/camera issue.

Desc: Mouse pointer disappears and reappears wher ever it feels to 'teleports' WHILE the camera is being rotated BY THE MOUSE. FOR those people with speed and real dexterity to use the mouse only[and the scroll wheel]; ITS annoying and it hinders the "joint manipulation speeds" because the mouse pointer never stays wher you left it before you rotate the camera. Best example would be to "spin" the camera around the fight, just pan it around a full 1080 degrees with the Right mouse button. Tell me where it started and where it "re-appeared". I dont think its right to have to play guessing games with the mouse pointer while intense timer MP fights are goin on. Its been like that since 3.70. Last perfect TB was 3.69. <---- flawlessssss.

Thanks
Last edited by Hyperman; Dec 11, 2011 at 04:43 AM.