Toribash
Originally Posted by rjayquin View Post
Hard metal

u just shout and sing

Try screaming a note and singing a whole song.Make it sound good.
Originally Posted by ShadesOfPale View Post
Good point.I'm all about metal and alternative.Metal-core is a little irritating since its screaming with quick drums.I also agree with laststand.

That's not all metalcore is. Yea, it's heavy and fast at first, but usually it'll drop into something soft and soothing. Especially, around choruses and bridges; it usually becomes very melodic and beautiful. With metalcore you have to know how to balance out your screaming and singing, also not just thrash the hell out of your instruments. It takes alot of skill to play metalcore.
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD ED!!!
I never said it doesn't take any skill.
I just don't like it.
The drummer does the same thing almost all of the time.
Yet,not all metal-core bands are like that.
I never said it doesn't take any skill.
I just don't like it.
The drummer does the same thing almost all of the time.
Yet,not all metal-core bands are like that.

I know you never said it didn't take any skill, I just needed a good way to end that, lol.

The drummers of metalcore (metalcore being my favorite style of music, most bands I listen to) usual don't do the same thing over and over. Most that I know of have excellent variation and balance in their styles and patterns.
Pretty much everything that gets launched nowadays, for a good while now, doesn't require skill. Well, maybe except from the autotune guy that works for the "artists" since he puts the most work and effort in music.

Trance, dubstep, pop and everything that incomporates one of those genres is just bad imo.

This would be a perfect example of what talent should sound like. Somewhere from there until now, something went terribly wrong...
Well,than I'm l2 the wrong metal-core bands.
Care to give me any suggestions?

Try out Killswitch Engage (my fav metalcore band) and Shadows Fall, and see how you like them.
IMO the worst type is when someone (usually a rap artist) goes and takes and old, classic song and sings (or raps) along to it and then sells that to make money for themselves.

Good example: Kanye West - Stronger.
It's basically Daft Punk's harder better faster stronger with a drum kit on top of it and Kanye rapping.

^strictly my opinion. I expect i'm going to get flamed by someone for that.
Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
Pretty much everything that gets launched nowadays, for a good while now, doesn't require skill. Well, maybe except from the autotune guy that works for the "artists" since he puts the most work and effort in music.

Trance, dubstep, pop and everything that incomporates one of those genres is just bad imo.

This would be a perfect example of what talent should sound like. Somewhere from there until now, something went terribly wrong...

In my opinion this is the most boring music to listen to.