Toribash
Yes it is, but that's just the 1st part of the work. The 2nd part is going to be made in class with our group partners.
-----

Last but not the least!

Last edited by pal; Mar 12, 2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Great stuff
really good shading, camera could do with a bit more black, i know you had to lighten it up a bit cus the photo was so dark, but a softer pencil and some sharper contrast might lend itself well to the overall piece.

you use the same pencil for the whole piece except the nails and the dark spot on the camera lense?

great work on the shading of the hand. nails are the business, got them nice and smooth.

my only criticism on the piece is your shapes, you lost a bit on the thumb, hand looks square and boxxy, the joint of the thumb sticks out a bit more than you drew it and you tightened in the hem of the sleave around it, looks tight and unnatural.
in those cases i find its a time to use your artistic license and exxagerate the anatomy a bit

same goes for the hand bit on the bottom of the camera, looks awefully skinny.

overall, its definately a great piece, will get you great marks, definately an 80 percetner.
interesting angle, the scuffed nail polish makes for an interesting subject, great shading.
do you guys have to do visual diarys or document motivations for your pieces?
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Great stuff
really good shading, camera could do with a bit more black, i know you had to lighten it up a bit cus the photo was so dark, but a softer pencil and some sharper contrast might lend itself well to the overall piece.

you use the same pencil for the whole piece except the nails and the dark spot on the camera lense?

great work on the shading of the hand. nails are the business, got them nice and smooth.

my only criticism on the piece is your shapes, you lost a bit on the thumb, hand looks square and boxxy, the joint of the thumb sticks out a bit more than you drew it and you tightened in the hem of the sleave around it, looks tight and unnatural.
in those cases i find its a time to use your artistic license and exxagerate the anatomy a bit

same goes for the hand bit on the bottom of the camera, looks awefully skinny.

overall, its definately a great piece, will get you great marks, definately an 80 percetner.
interesting angle, the scuffed nail polish makes for an interesting subject, great shading.
do you guys have to do visual diarys or document motivations for your pieces?

People told me that the camera was a bit light, but I didn't remember darkening it later.
I use the same pencil to shade, unless it is something really really light.
I had some trouble with the hands and the sleaves; the hands looked ok after some tries, the sleaves were improvised, I didn't even care about the sizes/shapes of it.
We have our own visual diaries, yes.
Thanks for the C&C!

Originally Posted by Ulthus View Post
I love the first picture; a lot of detail and shading! Keep drawing your amazing at this.

Thanks, I will

Originally Posted by Zus View Post
I think camera should have more colours.Do you?

What do you mean by colors?
your an good strong drawer mate, likes the naturalism best tho.

wt u like the most to draw yourself then ?
[WAPOW] "uhhh......no, Commissar we cant be sure yet _but it looks like he was killed by a hazelblunt object"
Originally Posted by pal View Post
I use the same pencil to shade, unless it is something really really light.

mix it up, 2b 4b and 8b pencils are the business
that 8b would have made those nails and darker areas really look hot

Originally Posted by pal View Post
I had some trouble with the hands and the sleaves; the hands looked ok after some tries, the sleaves were improvised, I didn't even care about the sizes/shapes of it.
We have our own visual diaries, yes.

hands are notoriously difficult, next time you find yourself drawing them, do yourself favour and spend an hour or 2 doing a study for your visual diary. try doing it in a 3D type manner, starting with a line sketch of the bones and drawing circle type shapes to fill in the muscles. then again in a few other poses, concentrating on how the muscles change and affect the overall shape.
if you do it properly, it should be worth an extra 10% on your total mark
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by hazelbud View Post
your an good strong drawer mate, likes the naturalism best tho.

wt u like the most to draw yourself then ?

Thanks. I don't really have a preference, since I don't draw a lot of stuff.

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
mix it up, 2b 4b and 8b pencils are the business
that 8b would have made those nails and darker areas really look hot

hands are notoriously difficult, next time you find yourself drawing them, do yourself favour and spend an hour or 2 doing a study for your visual diary. try doing it in a 3D type manner, starting with a line sketch of the bones and drawing circle type shapes to fill in the muscles. then again in a few other poses, concentrating on how the muscles change and affect the overall shape.
if you do it properly, it should be worth an extra 10% on your total mark

I don't appreciate 2b, 4b and 8b pencils, maybe because I never tried using them. I gotta improve a lot in my drawing skills to be honest, and maybe I should start practising human anatomy.