Endurance Onslaught 6.0
shadows on the face on the flat look great
doesnt come across as strongly ingame, looks more like a tattoo/mask thing.
the styling is decent, although could be improved, but seeing as youre relating it to an existing character, theres only so much you can do
the colouring accents on the hair look good, a very nice touch.

Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Some other parts of the shadow also don't make sense, where is your light source supposed to be? seems to be approx 10 degrees from the vertical in front of the head... but some parts still dont match!

thats getting a little too technical and precise, toribash has its own lighting, so adding shadows and light sources/direction already doesnt make sense.
although i do agree that the shadows arent quite right (for different reasons) i dont think that staying true to a precise light source is necessary
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Now that I think about it, the shadows on the face were based off of the face's contours. The sides of the face don't have any big contours, so shading the sides like the rest of the face was probably a mistake. Man, putting a drop shadow on the blond part of the hair was a last second decision I thought looked nice. Sad to find out that it messed up so much.

Also Senna, I kept the eyebrows relatively small because I didn't want to attract unnecessary attention to the fact that they were on top of the hair. I tried putting them behind the hair, but they got completely covered by the hair.
Last edited by GoodBox; May 28, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
(>^_^)>