Toribash
I consider the people that I talk to and be friendly to as 'friends' but not as my actual group of friends that I actually hang out with and do stuff with. They are fit in the definition of friends, just not my actual friends... If that makes sense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
I would say it all is a matter of the situation. It all depends on the amount of time you have known the person, the types of interactions you've had with the person, it also depends on the person you are, and how easily you can call someone a friend.
If only everyone could be as sexy as me
nuthug came down on holiday to come visit me.
he did the same for Dr_strangelove and MANtrain aswell
I'd say that counts as him being a bro

there are several members on this forum alone that I call bros.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Nuthug flew all the way from Germany to South Africa just to visit you? Now he's worth calling a bro.
Originally Posted by MasterGabe View Post
Internet friends aren't real friends, hell naw. You dont even know them or saw them, also your post just said are "internet friends real friends?". So what I am saying here is you just put them in 2 different categories 1. internet friends and 2. real friends. So no they are not real friends, internet friends are internet friends, and real friends are real friends.

well, u not really understood what i meant.
if u met a person on the internet, and talked alot to them, can u call them "Friend".. or not? or is it just a person which u know pretty good? but not ur "Friend"?

but actually the most of the people say what i think ye, that it is a friendshiep, but depending on the person.. if u talk to them very very much then they are. if theyre not. then simply, not.

but i also think there is a diffrence, between the people which use the internet not much/ only use facebook (or some other crap) with people they really know.
and the people which play games for the community, which talks alot to the people there etc. (dont have to be a game. but i think meeting people over games is the easiest way. because u actually got the same interest and u can talk about something.)

and chuck, this comic is godly!
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
I consider Dinis a better friend than any of my irl friends, and I've never met him irl.
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Since when do you have to meet people IRL too make them your friends?

You must be the kid in school who only talks to people in his grade.

1. Not what I meant, read way below for the revision.
2. Lolno.

Originally Posted by Przero View Post
i would trust my life to more people that i've met on TB and LoL then i would to my own friends.

Pfft, I trust no one with my life, humans are frail, fickle creatures, and I don't trust any of them to that extent.

Originally Posted by Beta View Post
I consider the people that I talk to and be friendly to as 'friends' but not as my actual group of friends that I actually hang out with and do stuff with. They are fit in the definition of friends, just not my actual friends... If that makes sense.

This is sorta like what I was trying to say.

Originally Posted by Yoyo View Post
I consider Dinis a better friend than any of my irl friends, and I've never met him irl.

Hold that thought.

Okay, what I mean is this:

Yes, you can have "friends" from the internet; and your internet friends can be better or equal t your real life friends, that wasn't what I was arguing.

My point is, unless you can actually "see" and "interact with" a person, it doesn't necessarily feel as "real" as it could.

Tell me this,

On a good day, would you rather: Talk to your friends online, or irl?

And if you're a xenophobe or antisocial or something don't answer that.

Also yeah, that comic was good until it brought up skype. Skype is a lot more like real interaction because of video chat and junk.

I can type like a grammatically incorrect dumb blonde slut, and make up things about my life. Then I can chat with people on the internet for a year. Do they actually know jack shit about me? Nope.

Humans are social creatures, while the internet may be a more convenient means of social interaction, "real life" socialization has a better feel to "virtual" socialization. And yeah, you can meet people who have a whole lot more in common with you on the internet then in your current location. I'm not arguing that, though.

Maybe "friends" is a bad term for this argument, but I can't make up a word on the spot like that.

So here's this: As fantastic as your online friends may be, and as shitty as your real friends may be, it's better to at least videochat an online friend, let alone meet them irl -- as opposed to just typing and never seeing or hearing them.

So yeah, the term "real friends" is pretty tricky, and I can't really ind away around it, but what I'm trying to say, is that you will not get the same feeling of companionship via text that you could irl (or even just with voicechat).

Now before you say "uhh... this guy who I type with is my best friend, and this guy who I know is a dick" think about this.

Suppose you create a human who has your exact likes and dislikes, and is basically the perfect friend for you. Then you clone him, and send his clone to uzbekistan.

You talk to one irl, and the other online. There is no "irl clone wasn't there for me.. blah blah" the irl and online clone will do whatever you say, and chat whener you want. They're identical down to where they live.

Which one is better? (unless you have some shyness problem or something, then your word doesn't count).

tl;dr you can't get the same experience with online friends as you can with real life friends (assuming your example online and real life friend are similar, and neither one will give you reason to go to the other).
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma