Ranking
incredible, make via lactea in the background, I would like to see that.
| Selling tc | badass | Spaghetti 4ever | Undead | TMO | Money Fuckin maker | inactive |
Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
Good job, Roo.
Although the suggestion of the dust ring could really spice up your piece.

I also find the galaxy in the background a bit boring and bland,
the planet with the light coming over it in the bottom could use a lot of work, too.

I'm missing a red, a green and a yellowish tint.
That with the other suggestions and you'll have an even better painting ;]

Keep up the good work, buddy.

Well I kept things simple to keep the focus on the planet itself because of the event.
The stuff around it are there for composition purposes. It still looks better than a white background eh :B

I did put some light righ around it, and some very light dust "clouds" overlapping it, I probably should have made them more visible.

Could have used a bigger variety of colors tho indeed.

Thank you all
Still, this is supposed to be your entry to a (sort of) competition.
If you made the background more detailed that doesn't mean it would ruin your composition.
Your focus still lies on the planet, IF the viewer chooses to stray away from the focus and look at the rest he or she just has more to see.
Thus making the whole piece more interesting.

Will you rework this or just leave it be?
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Might leave it be, not really having the motivation to go back to it. But maybe I'll get bored one day and will try some stuff, who knows.

But I'll keep the suggestions in mind in the future, and I'll try not to go lazymode around the focal point.
Also, do you prefer Elements above Photoshop?
Haven't played around with Elements before but I have it on my Mac.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
Also, do you prefer Elements above Photoshop?
Haven't played around with Elements before but I have it on my Mac.

Nah photoshop is better for this type of stuff, but I got the full version of elements, and I use that so I can get used to it. Incase one day I'll have to use it for a job or something, I will be familiar with it, and won't have to buy ps.