Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by Minjaaa View Post
Okay, maybe I am just an idiot. Would you mind double checking me if my graphics card is compatible? I may just be confused on what system I played on, but I have had this laptop for a while. :l

Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Total available graphics memory 1308 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1244 MB
Display adapter driver version 6.2.9200.16384
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

EDIT: I just went to the Intel site and downloaded the installer/updater/whatever, still no dice. Btw, thank you for your help so far. I have been extremely rude for not saying that already.
-----

One more update to add to my post above... I was looking in my Games folder, and I also have a folder for Toribash 3.9, which opens up and displays just fine. :l

Urgh, yeah that's a nasty MS driver thus the 3D part of it's pretty crap. Bad news is that it's considered outdated hardware thus has no official Support for Windows 8. Windows 7 is the last OS they made working stuff for it.

You're stuck either downgrading (upgrading IMO cos Win8 is awful) the OS or living with hardware that'll never work properly again.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Urgh, yeah that's a nasty MS driver thus the 3D part of it's pretty crap. Bad news is that it's considered outdated hardware thus has no official Support for Windows 8. Windows 7 is the last OS they made working stuff for it.

You're stuck either downgrading (upgrading IMO cos Win8 is awful) the OS or living with hardware that'll never work properly again.

Yeah that's what I thought, crap. I have a random question for you then, sorry if I bug you. The laptop came with Win7, and I did the online upgrade for Win8. My product code or whatever is pretty illegible, as the sticker has been rubbed way to much. I could guess at characters, but probably not get it. Any ideas for the easiest way to get back to Win7? I know I'm going to need to do a clean install, since you can't downgrade easily like that. :l
99% of laptops don't use the code that's on the licence, they come with a pre-activated install using a different code (the same code will be on thousands of other machines). Using the licence code just results in an activation fail requiring a call to MS to sort it.

If you've still got the original disks for the machine then just fire them in, if not then you're going to have to hope they have a hidden partition with the install data. If that is the case it'll be an option on the machine's boot menu.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Laxo View Post
99% of laptops don't use the code that's on the licence, they come with a pre-activated install using a different code (the same code will be on thousands of other machines). Using the licence code just results in an activation fail requiring a call to MS to sort it.

If you've still got the original disks for the machine then just fire them in, if not then you're going to have to hope they have a hidden partition with the install data. If that is the case it'll be an option on the machine's boot menu.

I don't have any of the original discs for some reason, but thankfully Acer has a hidden partition with the recovery data. I'm back on Win7 and it works like a charm. Thanks for all your help.