Endurance Onslaught 6.0
bostaff, I don't shade with black and white, I have different color pallets. The reason that one shows up is because I used those colors for the 3d effect on the head. The eyes were shaded with different shades of blue etc.

jclark: Click Here
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
"never shade with black and white"??! are you crazy? How am I supposed to check if the value is correct if I don't use a monochromatic scale?

That, made me laugh.
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
"never shade with black and white"??! are you crazy? How am I supposed to check if the value is correct if I don't use a monochromatic scale?

That, made me laugh.

Like don't go over a bright color with black to make it darker. Just use a darker version of the color. Or use low opacity black, go over it a bit and the pick that color and go on from there.

He's right in a way so you shouldn't laugh like he said something completely pathethic.
^as a matter of fact, he did. Monochromatic scale (aka grayscale) uses black and white with the color picking technique to shade, still you use black and white.

saying, don't go from white to black with no blending, is one thing. Saying, don't shade with black and white is a completely different one.

besides that, most artist do everything in monochromatic, then they add color. This isn't a must follow rule, just makes the job a million times easier.

same as painting a normal canvas, how do you control the values? with black and white.
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.
the darker your color is for shading, the more saturation you add. it's the opposite for lighter colors usually.

don't straight up use black and white on your brush/selection/whatever

you can ask most artists and they'll tell you not to put pure black or white on a base color to shade it
shmevin eats smegma
Well either way, it's easy. I can shade with black and white and get the same exact product as shading with colors (I shade with the colors I am using, I made a bunch of palets one day so yeah, have those to use). For shading with Black and white, all you do is change curves, level, and hue/saturation. Easy to do it that way too

Now stop going off topic with this talk on Monochromatic Scale Shading etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
Originally Posted by Beta View Post
Well either way, it's easy.
Now stop going off topic.

then were is the next update?
its a ruddy pair of eyes! theres nothing to comment on!
how you have so many comments already is beyond me.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
All I can comment is: eyes looks like buttons for some web page design from 1995.
''After the showers is the sun.
Will be shining...''
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
then were is the next update?
its a ruddy pair of eyes! theres nothing to comment on!
how you have so many comments already is beyond me.

Well if you look what it says on the first post you might know what to comment on. Such as..... Maybe give me some ideas. I am fresh out of imagination.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
hmph. Okay, I did a rework of the eyes and started to paint in some plates. I will make the plates more realistic and blend in, but I am running low on time... So yeah, but kind of got the concept coming along...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!