Ranking

Pew pew lazer toaster!
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
I'll make something for the gfx part. Why does it have to be a jpg though? Seems like an odd condition.
Hoss.
Transparency reasons
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I'll make something for the gfx part. Why does it have to be a jpg though? Seems like an odd condition.

Because .jpg makes everything horrible quality compared to a .png image.
Done with this community, you guys suck.
If that's the reason you've not throught this through at all.
Jpg can be more than good quality when working with small things like an avatar or signature.
At this size there'll be no difference, especially if rendered at the best quality. It might even come out better.
Last edited by Hyde; Apr 11, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
Hoss.
In my opinion .png will always be higher quality. But that's just my opinion
Done with this community, you guys suck.
Originally Posted by jusmi View Post
kbps is a download rate, has nothing to do with render quality.

In telecommunications and computing, bitrate (sometimes written bit rate, data rate or as a variable R or fb) is the number of bits that are conveyed or processed per unit of time. The bit rate is quantified using the bits per second (bit/s or bps) unit, often in conjunction with an SI prefix such as kilo- (kbit/s or kbps), mega- (Mbit/s or Mbps), giga- (Gbit/s or Gbps) or tera- (Tbit/s or Tbps).

The use in MP3 of a lossy compression algorithm is designed to greatly reduce the amount of data required to represent the audio recording and still sound like a faithful reproduction of the original uncompressed audio for most listeners...
The compression works by reducing accuracy of certain parts of sound that are deemed beyond the auditory resolution ability of most people.

When performing lossy audio encoding (compression process), such as creating an MP3 file, there is a trade-off between the amount of space used and the sound quality of the result. Typically, the creator is allowed to set a bit rate, which specifies how many kilobits the file may use per second of audio. Using a lower bit rate provides a relatively lower audio quality and produces a smaller file size. Likewise, using a higher bit rate outputs a higher quality audio, but also results in a larger file.

Source: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th...kbps_mp3_files
"Yes, I am, in fact, inferior to McDill"
-B3st3v3r