Toribash
My point is: making a new mod won't do shit, eventually there will be that one guy that knows how to dick out of it.
Originally Posted by Dinis View Post
My point is: making a new mod won't do shit, eventually there will be that one guy that knows how to dick out of it.

I disagree, there are obviously mods where it's not easy to dick out. While I'm not a huge fan of rkmma I still defend that it's not easy to run in that mod because of the ring, and there aren't many openers that can get you a huge amount of damage in the first round.
oh yeah
In casual play or not, people are still going to find a way to play cheap in any mod. Just because there's a ring or a box won't stop people from running in that ring or box. Granted they can't run easily, but with practice you'll soon have people who are legitametly good at running in a confined area.

This is speaking solely from experience. I'm in no way a wushu expert.

My two cents would be to try to enforce (using the word lightly). More like show people the correct, or better said sportsmanlike way to play wushu like mods. (Not abusing openers, cb'ing as much as you can, orthodox or not. And generally not being a dick to other players.)

In situations like tournaments and duels where people are more inclined to
"play to win" things like boxshu and wushu with a ring should definitely be applied. The dimensions of which are not for me to say.

Ideally everyone would just be sportsmanlike/honorable or whatever you want to call it, But eh.

Again, my opinion, I'm no wushu authority.

\o/
Spooky Scary Skeletons
i have no idea why it was brought to public part of the forum, since most of people who may be reffered as "wushu community" already are part eather of tw or 3 major wushu clans.

trying to be more objective is a good thing but throwing a very specific poll to public completely alien to any kind of wushu mods except may be mushu is not really a wise choice.

expecting a person who have no clue in specific question to skip it is naive. the most probable scenario is said person will just go through other people's opinions no matter how right/wrong it may be and cast the vote this way just because you asked them to do it.

idk what are you are thinking smog, but asking people unfamiliar with the mod about it's specifics have nothing to do with being correct other than dispersing the results.

you can pretty much do the very same thing by asking public opinion on quite specific thing of unknown for them random mod, let's say sumo.tbm and have the same dispersed results based on other people's opinions. which is the very common case considering the amount of players who specify on such unpopular mods like wushu or sumo, and based on average player's age.

meh, i see quite alot of people these days try to play justice white knights, well whatever, but try to be reasonable enough when you choose the target auditory which makes your pool.

expecting to see a public poll on hardware engineering matters on reddit from you next time lol

in short: when i expect to have someting meaningfull in result, i ask people who are familiar with the question.
when i want to see a model of crowd behaviour and / or unnecessary popularity contests, i spam it everywhere. ah wait, i don't.

offtopic: not being a dick, but all the tendency of trying to play white and fluffy justice democracy defenders on pretty much any discussion is getting on my nerves already. this is a game and the last thing you should think of is trying to look like the justice seeking holy angel. lol, you have a real life for all self-affirmation
Last edited by snake; Nov 17, 2013 at 12:32 AM.
Originally Posted by snake View Post
i have no idea why it was brought to public part of the forum, since most of people who may be reffered as "wushu community" already are part eather of tw or 3 major wushu clans.

trying to be more objective is a good thing but throwing a very specific poll to public completely alien to any kind of wushu mods except may be mushu is not really a wise choice.

expecting a person who have no clue in specific question to skip it is naive. the most probable scenario is said person will just go through other people's opinions no matter how right/wrong it may be and cast the vote this way just because you asked them to do it.

idk what are you are thinking smog, but asking people unfamiliar with the mod about it's specifics have nothing to do with being correct other than dispersing the results.

you can pretty much do the very same thing by asking public opinion on quite specific thing of unknown for them random mod, let's say sumo.tbm and have the same dispersed results based on other people's opinions. which is the very common case considering the amount of players who specify on such unpopular mods like wushu or sumo, and based on average player's age.

meh, i see quite alot of people these days try to play justice white knights, well whatever, but try to be reasonable enough when you choose the target auditory which makes your pool.

expecting to see a public poll on hardware engineering matters on reddit from you next time lol

in short: when i expect to have someting meaningfull in result, i ask people who are familiar with the question.
when i want to see a model of crowd behaviour and / or unnecessary popularity contests, i spam it everywhere. ah wait, i don't.

offtopic: not being a dick, but all the tendency of trying to play white and fluffy justice democracy defenders on pretty much any discussion is getting on my nerves already. this is a game and the last thing you should think of is trying to look like the justice seeking holy angel. lol, you have a real life for all self-affirmation

The idea of dropping the link here were to encourage people standing outside of the immediate "wushu-community" to have their say on the changes that has been implemented within this "wushu-community" during the last year(s) or so.

It is actually quite fun to see who takes this at heart and who does not take it at heart, the thread in the TW forums have turned quite far from the point of the thread as it keeps focusing on "competitive play" whilst perhaps it would be better to speak on the changes in the general gameplay with people playing by "improvisation" rather than 2 turn openers which are memorised (or scripted) and then playing wushu as if it were a nintendo fighting game spamming A A B B for the first turns before having to engage in an actually "brain-battle".

Now which of these two are the "better" option, thats up to the community, or if you wish to separate it into sub communities, to decide.

If you ask me however, wushu.tbm and openers is just judo.tbm without the grab. Boring as hell as it does to ME not offer the same levels of analysis nor engagement within the game.

But that's just my opinion, and I do not wish to enforce that upon others, nor do i wish to have others enforcing their thoughts or beliefs upon me.
Last edited by Smogard49; Nov 18, 2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!