Toribash
Original Post
Leaderboards Thing
Hey, just had the idea of having some leaderboards on the forums for certain things like forum posts, Tc amounts, qi earned, most wins ETC.

Just thought it would be cool to see who's on top when it comes to certain parts of the game/forums.

So for each section there would be a list of the top 100 (or any other number)
in that section, showing the following;

Position in list
Nickname
The amount of (whatever section is, e.g toricredits, forum posts)

EXAMPLE.

TORICREDITS TOP 100

1st___________Snook___________7,899,999 TC
2nd___________Sn00k___________7,899,998 TC
etc...

So yeah any thoughts on this?
Thanks for reading.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Doesn't change the awesomeness of the idea though. And like people said before, for non-tc stats it is also nice
If I recall, we used to have this in essence? You could see who had the most TC back in the day and it became quite tiresome because those topping the lists would get spammed for TC or whatever. It was interesting, but removed for a reason.
collect snots from the nose
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
TC is so liquid though. It would probably take a dedicated server to keep track of all the changes because people are constantly buying and selling on the market and the forum. It also doesn't represent the money value of the items. Players like Creati0n may have only like 400k at a time but his deactivated inventory is worth a few times more than that. Ranks are only updated every 24 hours so I doubt the serves can handle a realtime change system.

In addition, the leaderboard would be screwed up from events such as the Easter Lottery. Easterbunny had over 5 million TC at the end, which is the most TC that I've ever seen one account have. There's also the issue of inactive accounts with large amounts of TC. Someone could just amass a huge amount of TC and then quit, yet his name would still be on top of the leaderboard because his account has fifteen-quadrillion TC in it.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare View Post
In addition, the leaderboard would be screwed up from events such as the Easter Lottery. Easterbunny had over 5 million TC at the end, which is the most TC that I've ever seen one account have. There's also the issue of inactive accounts with large amounts of TC. Someone could just amass a huge amount of TC and then quit, yet his name would still be on top of the leaderboard because his account has fifteen-quadrillion TC in it.

99.95 USD= 250k TC (keep that in mind)
^That is the best rate you can get on the official buying tc tab.

Now, 15,000,000,000,000,000/250,000= 60,000,000,000
(60,000,000,000)(99.95)= 5,997,000,000,000 USD
Bill Gates' net worth is 77,400,000,000, so you would need exactly 77.4806201 times the amount of money he is worth, in USD, in order to achieve 15 Quadrillion tc.

If I get infracted for useless posts, it was worth it.
goodbye cruel world
This was disscused before. It would be an exelent addotion. As for what twilight said, it would be a work in progress!
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
If I recall, we used to have this in essence? You could see who had the most TC back in the day and it became quite tiresome because those topping the lists would get spammed for TC or whatever. It was interesting, but removed for a reason.

People still do this today despite the fact that it's gone.
It's also a bannable offense to beg people for tc so I don't really see any difference.
I Just thought it would give people something more to aim for on this, especially for those who don't particularly play in game but are legends on forums or markets etc (forum post count, total profits made since jan 2014 or something along these lines.)
-----
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
TC is so liquid though. It would probably take a dedicated server to keep track of all the changes because people are constantly buying and selling on the market and the forum. It also doesn't represent the money value of the items. Players like Creati0n may have only like 400k at a time but his deactivated inventory is worth a few times more than that. Ranks are only updated every 24 hours so I doubt the serves can handle a realtime change system.

It's not only for those two things though. We'd also have leaderboards for "most full sets owned" "most achievments" "most forum posts"

And possibly the tc amounts could be updated once a month or something or bi-monthly. There could also be different categories for the tc amounts, such as "Most profit made since jan 2014" "highest profit in one day" (based on trans history) etc etc...
Last edited by Snook; May 9, 2014 at 02:15 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09