Ranking
It is also important to recognize that more books written do not be come well known or survive more than a century (especially in Titanic's era) so the fact that this book is known about is also important.
Good morning sweet princess
On the contrary, books were still pretty important, as a fair amount of the US population still could not read, so most people who owned books prized them. Additionally, 14 years isn't too long of an interval. Many copies would still be in circulation at that time, and after the sinking of the Titanic, someone would have realized the book's significance, and it would have become famous and even more treasured.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
The small 14 year ago makes it more amazing, not less. I am simply pointing out that we can't include every book that was ever written in the possible draw for such coincidences since many have been forgotten.
Just because something is forgotten or lost doesn't mean that it's out of the "this is possible " pool. If a book is written, it os forgotten, and the events happened in real life, then it still a phenomenon. Even if no one knows it.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Yes but if we only have a selection from books which were not lost or forgotten then this is a smaller number than any book ever written so makes it more impressive. Although you are correct that it is slightly remarkable regardless of whether a book is known.