Toribash
stuff and things have a fairly constant colour, but light is directional, it hits things and creates highlights and shadows and stuff.
once you get your head around that affects your drawing it gets much easier, technique and stuff just takes practise.

keep practicing and you'll see the improvements
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Why is everyone bashing this guy so hard? nobody said you had to be Mozart on your first attempt. Encourage him into the world of drawing, dont make him regret posting on a board where everyone is expected to be good. Pretty positive he posted here just to get input from the great people of Art.
ow
I was going to post yesterday

Well,

The idea of posting stuff online is to get CNC about how can you improve and get feedback from other people about your progress whether is good or bad. Telling the guy that his stuff is bad and he shouldn't post unless is not good doesn't help him out in any good way. Before trying to explain him what he did wrong with Google images without any clue on what to do next, explaining to him that there's more to shading and the fundamentals he needs the Google image doesn't really explain.

Perspective (Casting shadows and perspective)
There's different points of perspective so you can research them a little :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XLgmiExAbw

Proportion(For your proportions/figures)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luJh1ASyzB8

Light & Shadows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q-LZVFZuGE

Colors and value (This will help you understand more the shading)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2fZdGZKP1k

The method he choose to learn on how to draw doesn't really matter, either way he's learning and there's nothing to lose since he bought a tablet for that purpose.
Still, some traditional sketching might help you out so you can go and buy a sketchbook and practice when you don't have access to your computer.

Aren't we misdirecting frustration to this guy stuff ;>
He's starting out, the most he need right now is encouragement and help on how he can improve hi artwork.

"LEARN TO DRAW FIRST"
SMH

Hang in there,
ME.

excuse english
Last edited by Neru; Jul 7, 2014 at 02:56 AM.
⋐⋑
<ishi> 2MEGPOID4ME
Drawing things that have volume, mass, cast shadow and 'exist' in 3D space (perspective) is like working in some 3D program, but instead of the coded piece of software only thing you have is your brain.

You have to look at the objects and transfer them from 3D space to 2D space using lines and shades of gray (for the start).

On regular art classes pupils start by drawing things that represent basic geometric figures: ball, cylinder, box... And add stuff to their drawings as they progress, first basic lines, then shading, then perspective... Then all together, tones, etc...

You are in the beginning of your road. First step out of many, many, many more... (lol I sound like that guy from Police Academy).
Django: You can clean up the mess, but don't touch my coffin.
thank bro appreciate your help and signature
-----
@Mozebra
Criticism is a way of succeeding
i did not fail 2 times
I learned from my mistakes now im learning
BTW
Thank you all for the help i really like
thanks for the criticisms and Pros and Cons Love Y'all
Last edited by SKITZOFRENIK; Jul 7, 2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I'm a wordsmith cursed with verses and the worst shit.
A vile winged wicked bird who no one lurks with.

Originally Posted by Velair View Post
That was no where near logical.
and it wasn't even a funny kind of illogical.

/backontopic.

The cup in itself is bad.
its a 3d cylinder, with a 3d handle.
meaning you could have shaded the handle.
and your shading is just bad.

the fuck man.

second.
If you cant draw a background
dont fucking use some random clip art.
oh god this would be ten times worse if there was no background.
I would suggest penciling shit out on paper(if you know how) and scanning it//taking a picture and transferring it to your comp, because the linework on this is just BAD.

The skull is slightly better since there isn't a disgusting rusty background or whatever.
but you still don't understand shading.
shadows don't do this.

just putting this here cause you obviously need it :

Light comes from a source usually above your object, meaning that shadows are cast in the opposite direction of the light.
Examples :

Offtopic..

Dat sig...
...call me "mobin"...[flip]

i tried to recreate it , i just drew a circle
and used dodge and burn tool
smudged it
and used a air brush for shadow with smudge tool

Nice, but you don't shade with black and white other colors (common mistake)
Try shading the sphere with a range of blues that go from dark to light. Shading with the dodge/burn tool won't help you improve with your shading (use a brush and experiment with colors) You need to think 3D, your sphere doesn't look like it because you didn't shade it properly. The highlight wasn't marked and the transition between the shadows and light doesn't look quite well when they change from dark to light.

(This might help)
There's a selection thing in GIMP similar to the one in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjFk7...e_gdata_player

Im on my phone so I can't search more stuff :s
⋐⋑
<ishi> 2MEGPOID4ME
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Nice, but you don't shade with black and white other colors (common mistake)
Try shading the sphere with a range of blues that go from dark to light. Shading with the dodge/burn tool won't help you improve with your shading (use a brush and experiment with colors) You need to think 3D, your sphere doesn't look like it because you didn't shade it properly. The highlight wasn't marked and the transition between the shadows and light doesn't look quite well when they change from dark to light.

(This might help)
There's a selection thing in GIMP similar to the one in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjFk7...e_gdata_player

Im on my phone so I can't search more stuff :s

Listen to her/him :v
The shading on the ball looks weird, and the middle of it looks flat. Don't just add shadows around the edges of the ball, add shadows in the middle too.

Oh yea, hai Skitz :3
ϵ( 'Θ' )϶
Thank you toaster dan
Neru is just helping me out and BenDover
other are cussing and criticizing me
-----

As you can see i suck at shading i decided to suck at it again
i made it around 30 minutes
-----
i am trying to download Photoshop Cs6
because it is a lot easier gimp is full of easy equipment
photoshop is the real deal
Last edited by SKITZOFRENIK; Jul 7, 2014 at 10:22 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump